Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
What I'm after is rather than hold the home button on the iPhone is to make the steering wheel button to do it. E.g. So I can keep the phone in my pocket and activate Siri from the steering wheel.

Any ideas?
Are you familiar with iPhone Jailbreaking? There is a program called "Activator" that allows you to assign actions to different keys. For example: You can assign a function to the action of holding the up or down volume button down for a short time.

Someone would have to write a function that invoked Siri before you could assign that function to the volume button, but I would imagine the car's volume control on the steering wheel would equate to the volume button on the phone.

I could test it with some other function.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes, used to be jail broken on my old 4.

My steering wheel actually has a talk button on it. I was wondering if that could somehow be mapped to the home button from the car itself rather than the phone.
I would doubt the "talk" button could be mapped to anything on the iPhone since it doesn't have any interaction with it normally.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, I tested it and, had we thought about it, it would have been obvious that it wouldn't work. The volume button on the car is only changing the volume on the car's audio, not on the iPhone.

So, I guess, never mind...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts