Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to may the steering wheel "talk" button act like its the iPhone round button. E.g. To engage voice dial. By default the car has its own voice dial, but I'd really like to push and hold the talk button on the steering wheel and make Siri work.

At the moment I have to manually push the iPhone button to make voice dial, but if I could make the steering wheel button Work like the iPhone I can send SMS messages etc using Siri without touching my phone.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Not sure if there is a button like that but used mine with Siri and she comes in loud and clear through the speakers in the car...I love the new Iphone. Such an upgrade for me as I was still using an Iphone 3G that came out in August of 2008

·
Registered
146 Posts
How do you make Siri come through the car's speakers?
Simply link iPhone 4S with your CT and press and hold the home button and Siri comes right up thru the cars speakers.

·
Registered
245 Posts
A Siri sense of humor

Gallery | Siri Funny

"I need some weed" *--I can't find any head shops near you.

"Siri talk dirty to me" *--I can't. *I'm as clean as the driven snow.
"Siri talk dirty to me" *--I'm not that kind of personal assistant.
"Siri talk dirty to me" *--The carpet needs cleaning.
"Siri talk dirty to me" *--Humus. Compost. Pumice. Silt. Gravel

"Beam me up Scotty" *--Please remove your belt, shoes & jacket, & empty your pockets.
"Beam me up Scotty" *--Energizing…
"Beam me up Scotty" *--Please install the latest version of iCloud and try again.

"Who's your daddy" *--You are. Can we get back to work?

"Where can I bury a body" *--What kind of places are you looking for? *Swamps,reservoirs, mines, metal foundries, dumps

"Sing me a song? *--Daisy. Daisy. *give me your answer do

"What is the meaning of life" *--All evidence to date suggests it's chocolate.

"I'm sleepy" *--Listen to me. *Put down this iPhone right now and take a nap. *I'll wait here.

"How much wood could a woodchuck chuck….." *--It depends on whether you are taking about African or European wood.

"I love you" *--I hope you don't say that to those other mobile phones.
"I love you" *--I bet you say that to all your apple products.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I'm after is rather than hold the home button on the iPhone is to make the steering wheel button to do it. E.g. So I can keep the phone in my pocket and activate Siri from the steering wheel.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
208 Posts
What I'm after is rather than hold the home button on the iPhone is to make the steering wheel button to do it. E.g. So I can keep the phone in my pocket and activate Siri from the steering wheel.

Any ideas?
Are you familiar with iPhone Jailbreaking? There is a program called "Activator" that allows you to assign actions to different keys. For example: You can assign a function to the action of holding the up or down volume button down for a short time.

Someone would have to write a function that invoked Siri before you could assign that function to the volume button, but I would imagine the car's volume control on the steering wheel would equate to the volume button on the phone.

I could test it with some other function.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, used to be jail broken on my old 4.

My steering wheel actually has a talk button on it. I was wondering if that could somehow be mapped to the home button from the car itself rather than the phone.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes, used to be jail broken on my old 4.

My steering wheel actually has a talk button on it. I was wondering if that could somehow be mapped to the home button from the car itself rather than the phone.
I would doubt the "talk" button could be mapped to anything on the iPhone since it doesn't have any interaction with it normally.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, I tested it and, had we thought about it, it would have been obvious that it wouldn't work. The volume button on the car is only changing the volume on the car's audio, not on the iPhone.

So, I guess, never mind...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's such a bummer. So the buttons are only good for answering a call and hanging up a call. Unless you train the car with names.

I thought when in a call the volume buttons increased the Bluetooth volume on the phone?

Such a shame. Cheers for trying it though.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I really had not thought I'd be using the device holder. But with Siri, I just might. :DShe:D is so much smarter than the car. Reaching over to press the home button on the phone just might be the way to go.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Besides pushing the button on your steering wheel, does Siri automatically come through the speakers when linked through bluetooth (say for example when you receive a text message)?

I have a Windows Phone with the 7.5 Mango update which has features similar to Siri with integrated voice-to-text and vice versa, and search functions and it freaked me out the other day when I was driving along and CT stopped music and a lady's voice came on (not the CT lady voice) but my phone's voice and asked if I wanted it to read my text message. Pretty handy when driving.

I haven't tested voice dial yet as I had previously just used voice dial through CT's phonebook as I really only call "Home" if on the road.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts