Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have encountered a problem with iPhones upgraded to iOS 5 which prevented you from keeping a constant bluetooth connection, especially when switching from Bluetooth Audio to another input and back again.

Anyway, for the entire year we have been in iOS 5, Apple has insisted that this is a problem with a car and Lexus has repeatedly thrown up their arms and said they can't figure it out...

... Well lo and behold, last night I upgraded the OS to 6 and keeping my expectations low went into the car this morning only to discover that the problem was gone. I can switch back and forth between inputs and the Blutooth audio keeps connected!!

So I guess Apple just decided to stall us all by blaming the car manufacturers.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Some of you may have encountered a problem with iPhones upgraded to iOS 5 which prevented you from keeping a constant bluetooth connection, especially when switching from Bluetooth Audio to another input and back again.

Anyway, for the entire year we have been in iOS 5, Apple has insisted that this is a problem with a car and Lexus has repeatedly thrown up their arms and said they can't figure it out...

... Well lo and behold, last night I upgraded the OS to 6 and keeping my expectations low went into the car this morning only to discover that the problem was gone. I can switch back and forth between inputs and the Blutooth audio keeps connected!!

So I guess Apple just decided to stall us all by blaming the car manufacturers.
Let us know if it continues to work. I have had this problem, but intermittently, so maybe it was just time for it to work. I upgraded too, but hadn't switched inputs. I will try it this weekend when I am on a short trip.

Thanks for the headsup.

·
Registered
200 Posts
yes me too...and fixed issue also with NON-NAV models as well...

thanks Apple!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Does this update keep the contacts from going missing? I was thinking about unpairing my phone as a music device.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does this update keep the contacts from going missing? I was thinking about unpairing my phone as a music device.
I'll be keeping a check on this issue!

The ugrade to IOS6 hasn't resolved the problem where if you keep your phone numbers in your iPhone prefixed with the plus sign & country code and then download your phone book to the car, the caller isn't identified on the car's screen even though it is on the phone.:mad:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have an interesting issue with Bluetooth and my iPhone 4 with IOS6 - if the phone goes into a screen saver mode, the music plays wierd - it cuts in and out. If I activate the screen so I can see it, it plays fine. Sounds like the 4 cannot keep up. I should be getting my iPhone 5 next week, so we'll see if it's any better.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I only have a problem with the Nav-Display when receiving a call. It freezes while showing the message "Anruf in Bearbeitung..." which means "Call Processing..." instead of showing the name/number and the counter.
I'm sure it's the iPhone 4S that makes the problem because my iPhone 3GS never came up with that.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I only have a problem with the Nav-Display when receiving a call. It freezes while showing the message "Anruf in Bearbeitung..." which means "Call Processing..." instead of showing the name/number and the counter.
I'm sure it's the iPhone 4S that makes the problem because my iPhone 3GS never came up with that.
try doing a hard reboot of the iPhone to fix that issue...by holding the HOME & SLEEP/WAKE button at the same time till the phone reboots...that usually fixes those issues!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts