Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi all,

I noticed what I thought was some wind noise the other day originating from behind me on the right hand side (maybe different on left hand drive cars). The noise increased with speed and I couldn't work out where it was coming from.

I have since noticed there is a vent next to the rear passenger seat behind the drivers seat where the seat belt rests and note there isn't one on the other side.

I've tried to change air flow positions and fan speed of the a/c but no air comes out it. Just wondering if anyone knows the purpose of this vent??

That's for the big battery under and just behind the rear seat.

I havent heard anything from mine yet but it is winter here, in my old civic hybrid the vents were behind the rear headrests and in the summer my son would complain about the fan noise while they cooled the battery but they only lasted about 10min untill the air con cooled the car.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah, in left hand drive cars, the vent is still on the rear right of the car. It's for the battery, but I didn't know there was a fan inside too for the battery? I thought it was passively cooled?
I don't know either about the fan in the CT the civic had one though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.