Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with the black leather seats (or black NuLuxe) weigh in on how they are in hot weather climates? I will be buying my CT in Anchorage Alaska, but will be moving to Phoenix. The black is my color of choice, but I'm concerned they might be too hot. Thanks for any recommendations.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Well, Lexus black leather has historically been okay in hot weather here in CA. A caveat is that the leather, although buttery soft, does tend to crease more easily than the NuLuxe. In terms of longevity or comfort, I can't really say. The black leather is extremely comfortable and long lasting in hot weather though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Matt. I need to make a decision today on the interior trim and I really like the black with the Tungsten Pearl. I'm thinking if I get the windows tinted it will help as well. The dealer initially told me that the seats were air conditioned and I wouldn't need to worry about it. So I placed the order with black leather, then they called back to say that they were wrong, the CT doesn't come with air conditioned seats.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Unfortunately just the heated seats, and heated steering wheel on some models (or is that standard). Both of which don't help you out in the case of extreme heat in Phoenix :p

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I think the heated steering wheel is only available outside the US (or North America!).

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you move to Phoenix your bigger problem will be avoiding the dashboard from cracking and bleaching in the intense heat.
I have the Nulux black interior. It has not been hot back east so far so I can't comment yet on intense heat. So far a few warm days, low 80's have been fine. Still you are going to get 110-115 degree heat in the summer. Hot!
Get a sunshade. Maybe a car cover too.
If you can keep the car in a covered spot during the day that would be the best. I don't think cars in general do that well in the southwest. Paint takes a beating also.
My nephew went to college out in Arizona for 4 years. His car looked like hell when he brought it back east.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just saw this thread and you've undoubtedly made your decision right now, but maybe this will ease your mind. We've already had some hot weather here in Savannah, Georgia and my black Nulux has been fine--and it has been in the sun in a very hot interior a few times.

We have a lot of trees and a lot of shade here in Savannah, and it isn't hard to keep a car out of the sun except in large parking lots.

If you don't have remote start, I'd suggest having the dealer set your remote so that the windows open when you hold down the unlock button. Lets a lot of hot air out before you get in. I also use a sunshade, and it helps a lot. So far neither the seats or the steering wheel have become uncomfortably warm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts