Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, the passenger side door trim piece (the piece running on a diagonal in the picture) has come off 3 times just by trying to close the door - you basically grab this piece to pull the door closed. Anyone else have this happen to their car?

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
So far so good on my CT, but I have only had it 58 hours. :) My dealer's demo also had the same problem. It would be nice if there was an aftermarket that matched the other trim piece. BTW, I ordered the bamboo trim and it looked terrible with ecru interior. Waiting now for the graphite metallic.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yes. The same crap is happening to me. Jesus Christ it pisses me off.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
The drivers side doesn't! Have this problem:):):):)

I wonder why?

·
Registered
516 Posts
So far so good on my CT, but I have only had it 58 hours. :) My dealer's demo also had the same problem. It would be nice if there was an aftermarket that matched the other trim piece. BTW, I ordered the bamboo trim and it looked terrible with ecru interior. Waiting now for the graphite metallic.
Sorry to hear that about the bamboo trim w/ ecru interior...I don't have my car yet but also got ecre and ordered the bamboo which should be here any day now. Did you order from Sewell and if so, will did they let you exchange it for the graphite metallic? I couldn't decide without having the car yet to go with bamboo or the ash burlwood...to me, the ash wood seems like it would go better with a black interior. Anyone have the bamboo or ash burlwood with ecru interior care to post a picture on this forum?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry to hear that about the bamboo trim w/ ecru interior...I don't have my car yet but also got ecre and ordered the bamboo which should be here any day now. Did you order from Sewell and if so, will did they let you exchange it for the graphite metallic? I couldn't decide without having the car yet to go with bamboo or the ash burlwood...to me, the ash wood seems like it would go better with a black interior. Anyone have the bamboo or ash burlwood with ecru interior care to post a picture on this forum?
http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/le...-bamboo-dash-trim-ecru-interior-hey-gurl.html :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I ordered from ct200hchat.com and thankfully they are exchanging it for the graphite metallic. The one piece of bamboo was much too yellow and drab which seemed random and out of place. I think the burlwood would probably do the same thing, so I am going for a more understated, complimenting look. At one dealership in L.A. I saw a yellow CT that they paint matched that trim piece. While the yellow is, um, ugly, matching the exterior color would look good, especially with Matador red. I think mahogany would work too. Hopefully soon someone comes up with more aftermarket choices.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I'm experiencing the same! Why did they make the handle different from the driver side.?
Drivers side is a virtual handle :p:p:p:p

·
Registered
267 Posts
Has anyone reported this 'defect' to the dealership? I'm wondering if there may be a possibe recall. Mine seems fine for now, but I'd imagine in time through hot/cold weather, it may come loose.
Or...are you guys using other means to secure it (like epoxy)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tonight my 6 year old son was trying to open the passenger side rear door and the plastic piece behind the pull handle fell out onto the floor of the car. I tried to snap it back in but it didn't really seem to fit very well...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Same thing happened on my husband's. I'm sure mine is next. Very flimsy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts