Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Can someone take a second and write out the LED bulb numbers used in what locationa and where they ordered them from..... Please :)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Bob, I could make good use of that list too.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I had to come back to this thread after trying to figure out how to remove the covers from the map and back seat dome. There sure isn't a lot of room between the clear cover and the trim piece! Thanks again Hey Gurl, I'm going to try this tonight.

Did anyone else have a VERY hard time removing the front dome lights (next to homelink)!? I don't have huge hands and I spent a good 10 minutes working the passenger side bulb, trying to wiggle it back & forth/trying to pull at the same. That a horrible design IMO!!!! Then my hands got tired, I took a breather and then put my engineering hat on (I'm an engineer).

I grabbed a rubber band, coiled it up so it was slightly larger than the size of the bulb, put it on my finger tip and then slid it over the bulb. I had the bulb out in 10 seconds and then got the 2nd one out in 30 seconds! That damn little bulb was just too slipper and small/in a tight space!

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Yes - I found removing the bulbs is a PIA !

Good tip - rubber band.

For the license plate bulbs and holder I use an appropriately sized deep socket which was just big enough to "grab" the holder and made turning it easy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
JimmyC
I know it's a little too late but for those who will come after us...Audi4t suggested and it worked PERFECTLY to use a rubber, fairly rigid, spatula (sp?) to get those covers off with. Again, I take no credit but Audi4t had the solution and after asking my better half she had a spatula that was very close to the perfect size and "presto" out popped the covers. Now.....getting the bulbs out now YOU have the great idea for those....We should sell our solutions to those who "come after us." Don't the LED's look great?...Now if I can just muster the courage for the puddle lamps!!!:)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
JimmyC
I know it's a little too late but for those who will come after us...Audi4t suggested and it worked PERFECTLY to use a rubber, fairly rigid, spatula (sp?) to get those covers off with. Again, I take no credit but Audi4t had the solution and after asking my better half she had a spatula that was very close to the perfect size and "presto" out popped the covers. Now.....getting the bulbs out now YOU have the great idea for those....We should sell our solutions to those who "come after us." Don't the LED's look great?...Now if I can just muster the courage for the puddle lamps!!!:)
Thanks for the spatula tip, I did not come across that previously! Though I doubt I have a spatula that's that thin, in fact I'm going to have a hard time finding a butter knife that is that there...there was like ZERO gap in there!

Honestly, after putting in the dome lights, they're way brighter than what I was hoping for. I do like the color though, that's for sure. I might attempt the puddle lights this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I installed the map lights yesterday using the butter knife to open it. Man, that was not fun, nor was it that easy! The rear dome light was a piece of cake, but the map lights were REAL tight and the trim around it kept shifting/moving when I was trying to pry it open. The butter knife was bending quite a bit at times too. I found it helped a bit to move the sun visor to the side to provide more prying room.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I installed the map lights yesterday using the butter knife to open it. Man, that was not fun, nor was it that easy! The rear dome light was a piece of cake, but the map lights were REAL tight and the trim around it kept shifting/moving when I was trying to pry it open. The butter knife was bending quite a bit at times too. I found it helped a bit to move the sun visor to the side to provide more prying room.
Jimmy

Here's the best place to insert the plastic spatula. Buy one for a dollar from the hardware store and cut it down to size - they are used to smooth out spackle.

You can press the map light at the front as though you are turning the light on, increases the size of the gap at the back.

With the spatula inserted here the lens pops out with minimal force.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.