Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to the forums and been looking for a new car as my current car (04' G35) drinks gas like water. Anyways, I live in Miami and I'm interested in Test Driving one but from everything I hear, there are none to be found anywhere and have to be ordered. Personally, I don't feel like dropping a deposit on a car I may not like without driving one, but that's just me.

Any ideas where in Miami I could test drive one? Also, If I do place an order for one, I assume it would be for a 2012 correct?

Finally, has anyone been able to get anything off of MSRP? I'm thinking a base CT200h or perhaps a Premium + LED Headlights.... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
52 Posts
NOTHING off MSRP. Too high in demand. Just look for a dealer who will not mark the car up beyond MSRP and call it good. These things are as rare on the road as a Maseratti.

·
Registered
391 Posts
So I'm new to the forums and been looking for a new car as my current car (04' G35) drinks gas like water. Anyways, I live in Miami and I'm interested in Test Driving one but from everything I hear, there are none to be found anywhere and have to be ordered. Personally, I don't feel like dropping a deposit on a car I may not like without driving one, but that's just me.

Any ideas where in Miami I could test drive one? Also, If I do place an order for one, I assume it would be for a 2012 correct?

Finally, has anyone been able to get anything off of MSRP? I'm thinking a base CT200h or perhaps a Premium + LED Headlights.... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
On about June 7 I did a "Build your Lexus" for the CT200h. Normally I would rather go in and have a look at what is on the Dealer Lot, but that is impossible with the CT... so.. I went ahead a forwarded my CT Vehicle Summary to 3 dealers in Cali, including the dealer I bought my RX300 from in 2000. Well they all got back to me one way or another fairly soon.. I was then offered a Premium Granite with some other options.. I didn't jump for that as I was interested in more of a base model. Then my RX dealer offered me another Granite loaded.. Didn't go for that either and let them know I'm just interested in hearing about a Base CT should one become available. Well to my surprise I get the call one is coming in soon and they will give me first chance. Longer story shorter, I sent contracts back yesterday and happened to get an email early evening indicating might be here on Wed the 6th.

I've never seen or driven this car yet. The contract (not just deposit) definitively says one is committed to buy, but they told me in emails if I don't like the test drive I can back out.

I'm pretty sure based on all I've read and seen that this is the car for me. I REALLY wish I could get a few individual Options (gray leather, backup camera, dip down side mirrors on reverse) but it's basically impossible to do with the way Lexus is packaging.. and.. even if it was possible I would have to order and play the waiting game...

I think I was lucky to get offered this car.. maybe in Cali most people want premium or better.. not sure.. maybe they thought I would be serious.. past customer... paying cash...(this can be a negative really) so.. for what ever reason.. It took one month from inquiry to delivery if it does arrive on Wed..

Good luck.. R

Edit: I didn't pay over MSRP, but this is a big volume dealer and I was a repeat customer. I tried to get $500 off, but no go.. I did get a small gesture.. ;)

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yeah. Most of what I see are the premium models here in CA. We rarely get any base CTs allocated to our dealerships, it seems. Good job!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Driving home from work yesterday afternoon and saw someone test-driving one. At least I assume it was test drive - the sticker was still in the window. The closest dealer would have been Newport Lexus in Newport Beach. So, if anyone is looking, they might have a car available to drive (although, based on my experience with them, I'd recommend buying elsewhere).

·
Registered
516 Posts

I live near you...well, I live in Weston. The one thing you'll notice when buying your car in the Miami area is that all the dealers in addition to selling the CT at list price because of the high demand...tack on a dealer service/prep fee of $699.00...they have it printed on the buyer's sheet and tell you they can't take it off. And, judging by the popularity of the CT and how high gas is right now, they are getting it. I found no CT's to drive after we originally test drove one the first week in March when they first arrived. The best chance you will have in getting to drive one is at JM Lexus in Pompano or go to Lexus of North Miami...see a guy named "Wayne"...he is the general sales manager at the dealership. He was very helpful when I was trying to buy my car...spoke with him on the phone but he only had a red one at the time and it was pretty stripped as far as options. As far as getting a car with the LED lowbeam headlamps, good luck. The build for those cars is at like 15% (or something like that). I wound up calling all dealers on the eastern coast and found a car not sold with NAV and equipment I wanted in Massachusetts...had it trucked down. I was originally looking for a white/caramel car but there are so many white CT's on the road...the dealer in Massachusetts had Obsidian Black/Ecru and I jumped on it...it arrived the next day after my first call to the dealership. You will love the car...as long as you realize why you're buying it--it's not a sports car--it's a sporty looking car that gets incredible mileage and has a lot of luxury---and, even though it's a Lexus, it's not your typical Lexus cushy ride...You will feel the road in this car and it's got incredible handling. Good luck and hope this helped you out.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yeah. Most of what I see are the premium models here in CA. We rarely get any base CTs allocated to our dealerships, it seems. Good job!
Thanks.. I never opened my sun roof in my RX or in my Matrix.. I'm a bit of a hermit when it comes to light. I like my house dark too.. Just wish I could get just a few cool options! I do navigation on my HTC... I've been researching backup cameras and eventually i'm going to figure out a bluetooth or wifi camera and view on my HTC or an IPAD! Would be fun to use it as a home security cam too when not driving.. But would need a plug in for the car at that point.. hmm... well fun thinking about it anyway.. I need to model my car after yours.. but yours will always be better.. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts