Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
It doesn't even compare plain and simple! I purchased this 6.5" Kicker Sub and it fit perfectly and matches the rest of the audio system perfectly! It sounds amazing! The speaker and wiring kit cost me $90 out the door!

CompVT | KICKER

I'd recommend this product to anyone and since we don't have a lot of trunk space this speaker doesn't require any additional room or boxes. Just swap out the existing stock speaker and replace it with this. I'd recommend perhaps a 250w amp though my 175 watt Blaupunkt amp is sufficient for me. The speaker is rated too 300 watts with and RMS of 150 watts.
So you replaced your AMP as well? And the swap out of the subwoofer was unscrew, unplug, plug, screw in?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sorry for exhuming the dead thread. I just wanted to find out if the Philips CrystalVision Ultra H11 bulbs have survived since you put it on. While we're at it, I just had two more confirmations to ask for. This is the bulb we're talking about right? Philips H11 CrystalVision Ultra Headlight Bulb, Pack of 2 : Amazon.com : Automotive

Somehow it shows that the 2013 CT200h won't fit, so I thought I asked. And is this the same bulb for the fogs?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Have you used any aftermarket HIDs? Any recommendations? I don't mind spending a bit more money for quality and longevity.
I have had Kensun HIDs installed for a year and half with no problems (they were about $55). Some people like Morimoto even better (about $150). I had some DDMs and had problems with the lights always firing; wouldn’t' recommend them.

4300K lights match the LEDs light strips perfectly. However, I went with 6000k because I like the way they light the road better, a little bluish white.

Good Luck,

MidCow3

P.S. Search this forum a lot of good articles on installation of HID kits

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have the Morimoto HID's I purchased from the dealer online named The Retrofit Source...love them...they are SO bright and are a nice pure white. Have had them since December of 2011 and haven't had one problem with them since...the ballasts are mounted out of the way...with plastic tie downs and mounted to the inside of the engine compartment near the wheel wells...they work in the AUTO light mode fine. They start out a little purple but get white within 5-10 seconds...I spent a little more than some kits like the Kensun...not sure about the quality differences or if there are any but when you call The Retrofit Source, you can speak to a tech and get all the info you need. I found out about them when I needed a ballast for my wife's Toyota SIenna XLE that came with HID's and they carry the same factory brand ballast that Toyota used in the van when new.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well, thanks for the replies guys. It seems that you are all sold on the HID. Call me chicken, but out of fear of losing my warranty (extended at that), I am not inclined to get HID's at this point. Instead, I would be satisfied if I had the whitish Halogens like the Philips CrystalVisions. And I am looking for installing it on both the low beams and fogs for a consistent look. My question is, are there anyone who has experienced the CrystalVision on his/her CT? How long have the bulbs lasted? And is it this one on both the fogs and low beams? Philips H11 CrystalVision Ultra Headlight Bulb, Pack of 2 : Amazon.com : Automotive

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just installed the crystal vision today. Loving it. Matches the LED strips real nice. Noticeably different than stock. Will change the fogs to match 2m.

Don't wanna go the HiD route yet also.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just installed the crystal vision today. Loving it. Matches the LED strips real nice. Noticeably different than stock. Will change the fogs to match 2m.

Don't wanna go the HiD route yet also.
Thanks for the feedback tiitime. Keep us posted on your experience after some continual use. If possible, please post a few pictures. I have a feeling that brightness, field of vision, money and colour wise, this is probably a viable option over HID's.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would like to know the longevity of the CrystalVision Ultra bulbs. I've read that the Silverstars are lasting a few months to a year - not worth it in my opinion.

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the Morimoto HID's I purchased from the dealer online named The Retrofit Source...love them...they are SO bright and are a nice pure white. Have had them since December of 2011 and haven't had one problem with them since...the ballasts are mounted out of the way...with plastic tie downs and mounted to the inside of the engine compartment near the wheel wells...they work in the AUTO light mode fine. They start out a little purple but get white within 5-10 seconds...I spent a little more than some kits like the Kensun...not sure about the quality differences or if there are any but when you call The Retrofit Source, you can speak to a tech and get all the info you need. I found out about them when I needed a ballast for my wife's Toyota SIenna XLE that came with HID's and they carry the same factory brand ballast that Toyota used in the van when new.
I've had my Morimoto HIDs for about the same time. Just recently one of the lights stopped working. I am now in contact with TRS to resolve the issue but I'm losing faith in this kit, as I have read online about a few others having issues with this kit in cold weather (which is my case).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey folks!

So after searching all over for the right combination of headlights and fog lights, I have just bought the Phillips H11 crystal vision 4300k for headlights and Nokya H11 yellow 2500k for the fog lights. I'm so excited and will hopefully receive them on Friday and will install them on Sunday. I'll take pics and post them. I always find it helpful when people post pics and info after installing any mods so I'll do my share this Sunday. Thanks all for the info, very helpful.
I'm personally going for a brighter headlight to match the DLR's and a nice set of yellow fog lights. We'll see how it turns out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thanks I will be very interested to check out your pictures once you post them. I'm interested in the HID kits, but if these are noticably whiter than stock then I might just go that route.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey folks!

So after searching all over for the right combination of headlights and fog lights, I have just bought the Phillips H11 crystal vision 4300k for headlights and Nokya H11 yellow 2500k for the fog lights. I'm so excited and will hopefully receive them on Friday and will install them on Sunday. I'll take pics and post them. I always find it helpful when people post pics and info after installing any mods so I'll do my share this Sunday. Thanks all for the info, very helpful.
I'm personally going for a brighter headlight to match the DLR's and a nice set of yellow fog lights. We'll see how it turns out.

I have almost the same setup for the headlights and the fog lights, except instead of Nokya H11, I went with the Optilux Series H11 at the least minute. Love the setup. The Philips is noticeably brighter and more white, although still cannot match the HID's. The yellows look pretty nice. I think, if you want more overall light output, you'd probably be better served with Philips setup on the fogs as well

·
Registered
44 Posts
What's up everyone, here are the pics of my light mods. I went with Phillips crystal vision ultra 4000k and Nokya 2500k fogs. Looks exactly how I wanted it. The headlights are much whiter and match the DRL's and the fogs are a bright yellow. The pics don't make justice, really looks amazing in person. Took about 30 minutes to install all 4.
Love how it looks, so pumped!

ImageUploadedByAG Free1367635683.250233.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1367635702.582482.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1367635716.681674.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1367635752.682488.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had similar bulbs from Eiko until after 10 months one blew out in March. I just installed the bulbzilla H11 to H9 harness and some Philips H9 bulbs which are 60% brighter than H11 bulbs. They are just regular clear bulbs, no high performance blue tinted stuff and the low beams are now as bright as the high beams, which are also H9 bulbs. H9 bulbs fit into H11 sockets after you trim one of the metal tabs. The harness costs about $30 and you can get the bulbs for $7.50 each on Amazon. Although they do not last as long as H11 bulbs, it is a cheaper way for more light.

·
Registered
635 Posts
the low beams are now as bright as the high beams
Just curious, if you just made your low bulbs brightness match the high bulbs, then couldn't you have just ran with your high beams on all the time? Not that you would want to do that either as you are blinding everyone...

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have almost the same setup for the headlights and the fog lights, except instead of Nokya H11, I went with the Optilux Series H11 at the least minute. Love the setup. The Philips is noticeably brighter and more white, although still cannot match the HID's. The yellows look pretty nice. I think, if you want more overall light output, you'd probably be better served with Philips setup on the fogs as well
Okay, here are a few pictures showing the "whiteness" of the Philips Crystalvisions. I figured that the night time photographies were generally not correctly showing it, so, for a difference I tried the day time photography. As mentioned earlier, the fogs are Hella Optilux Series H11, and low beams are Philips Crystalvision. I have tried to show multiple pictures at various angles, and you'll notice that the hue changes depending on the angle from sunlight.

Overall, the Crystalvisions are fairly white and closely match the kelvin scale of the DRL LED's, but still a tad yellower.

I think, earlier pictures by other posters have already shown the brightness correctly. Qualitatively, the Philips tend to look brighter than stock halogens, while the yellow Optilux seem less bright than stock. There's no denying that the halogens are less bright than HID's. But I like the new setup; hope the bulbs last long enough (I bought two sets, for just in case :p)

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
leonar40 - low beams are aimed differently than high beams, no issues with oncoming traffic. They are probably not even as bright as the Morimoto HID kits some folks have installed.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts