Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Without body stiffeners like the bar they installed, the body ends up flexing when you turn. This ends up feeling like the car is not that nimble, or that it isn't solid as you might expect. Strut and shock tower braces are very easy ways to keep the body from flexing side to side, and makes the car feel like one solid piece of metal, and makes it seems more "telepathic" when cornering, because it seems to respond quicker to turn-ins.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks like it sits over the coil packs and spark plugs. If you wanted to (or had to) replace the spark plugs, would you have to remove the strut bar? Would you be able to simulate for those of us that are interested?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I installed the same bars on my 2012. In order to be able to replace the spark plugs, you'll want to be able to remove the cosmetic engine cover.

During the install, i found that you need to remove the single rear-most grommet on the bottom-side of the cosmetic engine cover. This will allow you to easily remove the cover without having to uninstall the strut tower bar when replacing the spark plugs.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts