Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Thule AeroBlade roof rack on my CT and thought I would share. I am very happy with the fit, I did have to move the rear bar back a little more than suggested so that the moon roof would clear but that wasn't too much of a pain.

Here is a pic of all of the goodies.

Pic of the bike in the back of the car.

Pics of the bike on top of the car with the rack installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the views. I'm deciding between CTh and Prius V wagon.
It's helpful to see what can be hauled - that's all that concerns me about CT.
I like your pre-rack bike-in-back shot.

WK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, thanks for the post!
I'm hovering between the original Lexus roofrack and the Thule-one.
I have had Thule for over years and has always been a great value for money.
One question: did you have to remove the rubber strips on the roof?
All

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW! Looks SO GOOOOOOD.
Thanks for the views. I'm deciding between CTh and Prius V wagon.
It's helpful to see what can be hauled - that's all that concerns me about CT.
I like your pre-rack bike-in-back shot.

WK
Hello, thanks for the post!
I'm hovering between the original Lexus roofrack and the Thule-one.
I have had Thule for over years and has always been a great value for money.
One question: did you have to remove the rubber strips on the roof?
All
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments.

allcazar - what rubber strips on the roof?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, sorry. My CT is arriving April 1st, so, imho thought I had seen black lateral rubber-strips, but just checked the pictures, there aren't any. Luckily.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why does this rack only support the 2012s??? i just bought a 2011 and thule doesn't have an option for my year?!?!?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why does this rack only support the 2012s??? i just bought a 2011 and thule doesn't have an option for my year?!?!?
Mine is a 2011, as you can see it fits perfect.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok thanks. It just seems odd that on the thule website, i don't have an option with my 2o11 :(
I called and asked Thule about it, guy was very nice. He told me that he couldn't say if it would fit or not. Also told me my car may be a 2012 and that he doesn't think they make a 2011. :)

Anyway, I decided to risk it and it worked out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine is a 2011, as you can see it fits perfect.

ok thanks. i just thought it was weird that i couldn't fit my car on there website due to year. what made you go with the fork bike attachment vs others? I'm new to the sport so any info would be great! thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I called and asked Thule about it, guy was very nice. He told me that he couldn't say if it would fit or not. Also told me my car may be a 2012 and that he doesn't think they make a 2011. :)

Anyway, I decided to risk it and it worked out.

I'm looking at different racks... yakima, rhino rack, whispbar... but i really want a thule... i just feel like the craftsmanship would be better.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok thanks. i just thought it was weird that i couldn't fit my car on there website due to year. what made you go with the fork bike attachment vs others? I'm new to the sport so any info would be great! thanks
I've always used fork mounts, just seem more secure to me and easier to use. On top of that, with these little cars, the less up there to catch cross winds the better.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm looking at different racks... yakima, rhino rack, whispbar... but i really want a thule... i just feel like the craftsmanship would be better.
Yakima and Thule are my favorites. Don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've always used fork mounts, just seem more secure to me and easier to use. On top of that, with these little cars, the less up there to catch cross winds the better.

thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Never used a rood rack for bikes before. Am considering some sort of setup (rack or hitch) for my wife's car that should be delivered in a couple of weeks. The idea of lifting a bike up onto the roof seems a bit unwieldy, is it simpler than I imagine?

·
Registered
94 Posts
How does the car perform with 1 or 2 bikes up there? I love the way it looks, but I had a bad experience with a roof rack the only time I owned one. I had a 4 cylinder Toyota pick-up with a fiberglass cab high shell. The first time I used it (with only 1 bike), I found the top speed was only 73MPH! The drag it created and with a limited power vehicle, it was not workable for me. It went right back to the store. So, what is your experience for performance and fuel economy? Thanks for your input, as I currently load the bike in the back of the CT and it is somewhat of a hassle.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts