Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much deliberation, I decided I couldn't wait for the OEM lower chrome body side molding, nor did I feel right to spend 130$ for the 3M version at Sportwing.com, so I went with installing my own.

I really like it, it's more subtle, but still adds to the visual and compliments the chrome window surrounds, especially when I factor in the measly cost of 18.99$ ;)

What do you think?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

It's chrome, matching the rest of the OEM chrome trim on the car (windows, grille, etc). The pics aren't that great. Maybe I'll retake them...

The product I used is 3M Custom Chrome Molding - 3/4" in wide, 12ft roll. I used a little over 5 feet on each side.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thanks.

It's chrome, matching the rest of the OEM chrome trim on the car (windows, grille, etc). The pics aren't that great. Maybe I'll retake them...

The product I used is 3M Custom Chrome Molding - 3/4" in wide, 12ft roll. I used a little over 5 feet on each side.
Looks great! Come and do mine!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boldlygo, very easy to do. I bought the roll at Canadian Tire.

45 minutes to cut/shape the corners and stick along the bottom. That's it!

Two new pics attached taken on this bright sunny day - you can better see the chrome shine!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Boldlygo, very easy to do. I bought the roll at Canadian Tire.

45 minutes to cut/shape the corners and stick along the bottom. That's it!

Two new pics attached taken on this bright sunny day - you can better see the chrome shine!
Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
very very nice !!!
I Was wondering how chrome would look with non-chrome rims like ours.
And it looks good indeed ! the car is classier this way !)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow. That does look very nice. My only concern would be how reliable the adhesion will be. I haven't ever "added" such moldings to any car I have owned but I wonder if over time with the changes in the weather if such an aftermarket part might start to start to peel off or become loose in places.

But seriously, your addition looks awesome....

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wow. That does look very nice. My only concern would be how reliable the adhesion will be. I haven't ever "added" such moldings to any car I have owned but I wonder if over time with the changes in the weather if such an aftermarket part might start to start to peel off or become loose in places.

But seriously, your addition looks awesome....
I had body side molding installed on my 20 year old Volvo when it was new from an independent detailer. It is now starting to come off due to the adhesion deteriorating, so it is fairly long-lasting, at least with my molding.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is anyone familiar with the Lexus Chrome Lower Door Moulding Set that apparently was once sold by Sewell Lexus in Ft. Worth, TX and perhaps other Lexus dealers but apparently now appears to be discontinued?

I would like to purchase this OEM part for my car and if anyone has information on where I can purchase this part please
let me know.... Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts