Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My CURT Hitch came in the mail yesterday so I decided to slap it on this morning. I bought the hitch from Amazon, which was about $40 dollars less than etrailer.com. etrailer said they would match the price but didn't have it stock and would be 2-3 weeks before I got it. On the other hand from Amazon it came in 3 days from Trends-Auto out of Nevada I believe.

This was an insanely easy install from start to finish was 12 mins exactly. The drivers side cover you have to remove to get to the tow hook bolts has this weird screw locking system. To remove it, you first remove all over bolts and plastic clips, then you just keep backing it out with a phillips until the cover pops off. I also removed the passengers side cover to trim it a bit. It kinda interferes with the hitch. It could have easily been installed back over the hitch but I'm kind of a perfectionist and if things need to be modified I would rather do it right then just slap it back together.

Anyways here are the pictures. The ramps helped a ton, and you can see the section where I trimmed. The hitch fit PERFECT. The fitment was spot on.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi,
A little off topic, is that a Rhino ramp? Does it work for the front where the low skirt won't hit it before reaching the wheel? I am looking for a ramp so that I can change the oil and not a jack stand. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,
I'll check when I get home, I can't remember the brand, and haven't tried to drive the front up yet. I picked them up at Target I believe. I do a quick test and check this evening and have an answer for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoops, totally forgot about this. Work has been crazy. I'll check when I get home tonight. Anyways here is a picture of my Kuat Shurpa rack on the car

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am thinking about getting a CT and ride my Mtn bike alot and also have a hitch, stand up rack. He much does this effect your gas mileage with bikes on the back? (due to wind resistance)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's awesome @ihatebihairtina

I just got a Kuat Sherpa and the Curt hitch arrives tomorrow. I was going to take the car somewhere since I was sketched out to do it on my own, but after looking at the photos it seems like a no brainer. Since we have the same car, 2014 CT200h there is another issue in running into it, a bit off-topic, but since you did such a nice job with the hitch and called yourself a "perfectionist" you may have a good solve for a "no holes", centered, front license plate mount.

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm considering trading in my 2007 IS350 (also with a Curt tow hitch for bikes and boards) for a 2014 CT200h, but Curt's website and etrailer do not list a hitch available for this model year yet. iamxande mentioned above that they have the same 2014 model, but I didn't see anywhere in this thread where OP mentions his car's model year. Maybe there's a rear-end accent/design that distinguishes it that I miss. Could you just confirm please that this is a 2014 CT200h, and not an earlier model. Thanks and yes, that looks very good. Here's how the Curt hitch looks on my IS: https://www.flickr.com/photos/benkoker/6057829148/in/photostream/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts