Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got to installing the F-sport lowering springs for the CT. Nice slight drop, while still remaining 100% functional (impossible to rub or bottom out). Handing was greatly improved.. much less body roll than stock.

* right-click --> open image in new tab, to view larger size in a separate tab or window.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, had the Lexus dealer install. Unfortunately, at least at my dealer, if they don't do the install... you lose the suspension warranty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you install the springs and the sway bar?. What did they end up charging you for the work?
Are the springs and sway bars BLUE, i.e. F-Sport (Special Edition).
Another member here stated Lexus wanted $1,200 to install which is ridiculous for 3-4 hours of labor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have an F-Sport SE and yes the springs and sway bars are blue. Handles as well as the Mini Cooper S it replaced. Plus it rides better.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you install the springs and the sway bar?. What did they end up charging you for the work?
Are the springs and sway bars BLUE, i.e. F-Sport (Special Edition).
Another member here stated Lexus wanted $1,200 to install which is ridiculous for 3-4 hours of labor.
$750 parts & labor.
Im guessing here the dealer installed the springs for him

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes.
I have an F-Sport SE and yes the springs and sway bars are blue. Handles as well as the Mini Cooper S it replaced. Plus it rides better.
I agree, rides much better now. Much less body roll...like driving on rails.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So if the springs were like $300, labor was roughly $450 (a bit pricey but it's a dealer so kinda expected). Need to find a DIY so I can do it myself ~ we have all the tools!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unbelievable, thanks for the link evilchargerfan. For the sake of a 14mm ratchet wrench you are not removing the cowls, wiper motor, harness, all the steps the shop manual has you doing. After pulling down the shop manual pdf's on this no wonder Lexus charges like 1K to install the F-Sport kit. I knew there had to be a simpler way on this.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It appears that the springs have settled very slightly. Especially the rears.. Looks great.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
62 Posts
^ TennisPlayer100 can I request you to take some side profile pictures of your car, front back side side etc. I m debating on getting the f sport springs or the tanabe.... It's hard to judge with the pictures you posted do to the angles.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^ TennisPlayer100 can I request you to take some side profile pictures of your car, front back side side etc. I m debating on getting the f sport springs or the tanabe.... It's hard to judge with the pictures you posted do to the angles.
I'll try to get some up... but the bottom line is:

If you want the best drop with minimal wheel gap but losing some warranty, get the Tanabe.

If you want an OK drop while keeping your factory suspension warranty, get the f-sports.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts