Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not the usual kind of spoiler, but one which is intended to spoil the opportunity for squirrels to ravage the CT's hood pad.

I discovered that a red squirrel has started to take chunks out of one area of the pad. The squirrel uses the material to insulate its nest (which is in a tree somewhere in the neighbourhood, not in the engine compartment, thank goodness). In an effort to prevent further damage I've attached a double layer of fiberglass window screening to the hood pad with black upholstery tacks. My hope is that the screening will persuade the squirrel to leave the pad alone.

BTW, I've contemplated more drastic countermeasures but my wife is strongly opposed to all of them.;)

Squirrel spoiler.jpg

·
Registered
842 Posts
Have you considered remodeling the squirrel's nest for him so he doesn't have to resort to a life of crime? Or arranging for a squirrel condo?

·
Banned
325 Posts
Yeah its a cool spoiler and very beneficial for your car and the squirrel may adapted to these things in some areas. So these types of spoilers are very useful.I like it. Nice sharing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts