Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
on the driver side mirror, i can only slip my fingers into the bottom right corner and the left side only

i tried to slowly + gently pull the miror out on those 2 sides, but the mirror doesnt seem to budge or come loose.

me give up for now or at least wait until my pry tools come in.......yes i suck

someone please upload a video....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Try the passenger side first. The driver side mirror has some glue for vibration purpose, not crazy glue though more like caulking. I prefer to do it by hand so I can feel and use the right amount of force to pry it out.

·
Registered
246 Posts
just tried the passenger side, just as tight so no go either

i did have the dealership service the puddle lights last month since it never lit up in the first place. i wonder if they have done something to it to make it tight.....either way im waiting for the pry tools

·
Registered
990 Posts
just tried the passenger side, just as tight so no go either

i did have the dealership service the puddle lights last month since it never lit up in the first place. i wonder if they have done something to it to make it tight.....either way im waiting for the pry tools
No they likely hooked it up to their scan tool to turn that option on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
finally did this today, way easier than i thought. mirrors came off super easy (probably since it was 90 here in socal today), phillips head with 10 screws total, maybe took 10 minutes tops to do both sides. loving the led bulbs...why these arent factory are beyond me.

·
Registered
990 Posts
finally did this today, way easier than i thought. mirrors came off super easy (probably since it was 90 here in socal today), phillips head with 10 screws total, maybe took 10 minutes tops to do both sides. loving the led bulbs...why these arent factory are beyond me.
I think chroma23 just had a heart attack lol! It really isn't that hard. I think mine took me 30 minutes for both sides because I broke my drivers side clip and had to reglue it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
380 Posts
I just did mine. Piece of cake. It took 10 minutes total.
The mirrors came up pretty easily (driver side a little harder because of the adhesive gum). Nice, even pressure up and outwards and the mirrors came right off.

Can't wait to see how it looks at night.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts