Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the main topic with a listing of all the LEDs: http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-how-do-yourself/131178-install-interior-led-lights.html
This was on a 2011 CT200h.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This topic covers the same thing, but has a mistake of saying to pull the mirror off instead of using a pry tool to remove the mirror.
http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-appearance-body/118314-led-bulb-swap-write-up-puddle-lamps.html
You do not have to pull hard on the mirror. Pulling hard on your mirror may mess up the gears inside, it is much better to use a screwdriver or a plastic pry tool.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.harborfreight.com/nylon-pry-bar-installer-kit-4-pc-69668.html
Plastic Prybar Set from Harbor Freight
$5.99
(this is so you dont scratch anything while prying, also used to remove your side mirrors for the puddle lights)
QTY 2 puddle lights on the mirrors
Purchased from superbrightled: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-5-smd-led-wide-angle-wedge-base/206/919/
194 LED Bulb = WLED-WHP5
$5.95 ea
5050 SMD LEDs

1. Tilt the mirror upward and away from the car so you can see the white tabs underneath.

2. From the bottom, use your plastic pry tool to pop off the tabs of the mirror. (do not pull or push hard, it should come of easily)
3. Then pivot the mirror towards the other corners to pop off the other tabs. (you dont need much force to do this)

4. Remove the 5 phillips head screws.

5. Pull the rear housing off.

6. Pull off the small puddle light housing.

7. Rotate the bulb socket to the left to remove from the puddle light housing.

8. Install the LED bulb. Check it by locking your door and then grabbing and opening the handle to turn on the light. If it does not light up then flip the bulb around and test again. (LED bulbs only work with a specific polarity so you need to test that it works before putting everything together again. To reverse the polarity you just flip the LED bulb around.)

9. Rehang the LED turn signal light and clip the puddle light housing in place. Make sure the wires go back under the tabs.

10. When putting the rear housing on, start by putting the car side on first and making sure the housing fits into the proper groove. If the housing is not in the proper groove then the housing will not go on properly.
11. Once the housing is together properly, then install the 5 screws.
12. Push the mirror back on the clips.
13. Readjust your mirror to make sure you have it in the original spot.

Attachments

·
Banned
325 Posts
Yeah its easy to install and i had done it many times in my Dad,s workshop. Its nt a big deal for me and i easily install it with my experience.

·
Registered
383 Posts
the hardest part getting the puddle light assembly back in the correct place so it doesn't rattle. the drivers side was not being very nice to me and I had to take apart the mirror a couple times to get it right. of coarse the passenger side went right together with no issues.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I changed mine several times because of trying different LED, ending in BLUE led. You have to be gentle & treat it like a baby.

·
380 Posts
I'm good at stuff like this, but with the auto dimming mirror, it still makes me paranoid.

·
380 Posts
I'm going to wait until it warms up before trying it. Plastic+Cold=Brittle.

·
Registered
246 Posts
sorry for the dumb question, but even with the help of a flashlight i have trouble "seeing" the tabs/clips behind the mirror no matter which way i tilt the mirror.....i can barely see the white thing, but not the black clips

·
Registered
129 Posts
sorry for the dumb question, but even with the help of a flashlight i have trouble "seeing" the tabs/clips behind the mirror no matter which way i tilt the mirror.....i can barely see the white thing, but not the black clips
You don't really need to see the clips, just be brave and pull at it slowly adding more force until it pops off.

·
Registered
246 Posts
yup, guess im chicken

i tried again tonite with a flathead screwdriver. cant seem to reach anything or being able to pry the mirror out, especially from the top. really fear i may bend or stress the black plastic surrounding the mirror. i guess i should wait for my pry tools to arrive first. if someone can post a video of how they disassemble the mirror, that will be great

am i supposed to pry it out from each of the corners of the mirror?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I used my hand & pop it out one by one gently of course.

·
Registered
990 Posts
yup, guess im chicken

i tried again tonite with a flathead screwdriver. cant seem to reach anything or being able to pry the mirror out, especially from the top. really fear i may bend or stress the black plastic surrounding the mirror. i guess i should wait for my pry tools to arrive first. if someone can post a video of how they disassemble the mirror, that will be great

am i supposed to pry it out from each of the corners of the mirror?
Come on man. Grab and pull. It really isn't that hard.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 33 Posts