Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Main topic is here: http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-how-do-yourself/131178-install-interior-led-lights.html
It lists all the bulbs and which LEDs to use for a 2011 CT200h.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accessories-catalog/Exterior/CT200h-2011/6548.html
Lexus OEM Fog Lamp LED Passenger P/N 8121048050
Lexus OEM Fog Lamp LED Driver P/N 8122048050
$137 each
(Note=they are supposed to be direct replacements, but they are not. Two of the tabs have a different dimensions and will require drilling the holes to be larger to fit.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found a problem with the Fog Lamp vs the original halogen fog lamp housing. Two of the holes are offset by about 1/8 inch which makes it so it does not fit properly. I had to ream out the hole with a drill bit to get it to fit properly.
Besides the fit problem, these are very easy to install. It only requires 1 phillips head screw as the 3 other tabs are held in place by a pin and clips.

The tabs do not match up.

Here is a comparison of the OEM Halogen on the left and the OEM LED on the right.

The Halogen OEM fog housing have a glass lens to them. The LED OEM fog housing have a plastic lens.
How to modify the CT200h fog lights to actually fit the CT200h:

1. take drill bit and ream out the holes to where the border is on the plastic.
Install the Fog Lights

(3 screws on bottom, 1 push button pin on bottom, two slotted pins on the clips above and to the side of the tire)
1. Remove the 3 screws on the bottom of the wheel well liner with a ratchet.
2. Remove the push pin using a screw driver or plastic pry tool to pull it up.
3. Remove the two wheel well liner tabs by turn the black slotted pins 90deg and pulling out the plastic pins.

4. Pull the wheel well liner back so you can get to the fog lamp.

5. Remove the one phillips screw from the fog lamp.
6. Pull the fog lamp out and pull off the electric connector.
7. Connect the wire to the new LED fog lamp.

8. Install the new LED fog lamp. Slide it in into the tabs and push it in place.
9. Reinstall the one phillips head screw.
10. Test to make sure the fog light works.
11. Push the wheel well liner back into place and onto the clips.
12 Reinstall the 3 screws, the black push pin, and the two black slotted pins. Turn the two black slotted pins 90 deg to lock them.

(LED)

(halogen)
There is more of a gap at the bottom, but even the OEM halogen housings have a gap.

The left shows the original OEM halogen that is yellow and the right shows the OEM LED and it does not even look like it is on since it shows white light. It is on. I have to get a night shot.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fogs work real well.

Above shows no fogs.

This is with the fogs.

Fog Light

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Great input. Thanks.I am planning to do a bumper and fog lamps upgrade. Wonder if others also faced the tab mismatch issue.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2011 CT200h, that was bought from the dealer in Aug 2011 by the original owner, so I dont know if it was a 1st run CT or later run since the august sale date.
Maybe they made the slight 1/8 dimension change on the tab holes after 2011.
I would like to know if anyone after 2011 models had the same issue.

Besides the tab issue the install is very easy as you only have one screw to hold the lights in place.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Nice work done on your car and light perfectly set in your. Its really a very lovely work. Light style is also good and suits with your car perfectly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I replaced my 2013 front bumper with a 2014 F sport bumper and would like to upgrade to the OEM LED headlights, will I have any issues like this? My lamp bezels are the f sport type, but the mounting brackets are 2013 Base. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I replaced my 2013 front bumper with a 2014 F sport bumper and would like to upgrade to the OEM LED headlights, will I have any issues like this? My lamp bezels are the f sport type, but the mounting brackets are 2013 Base. Thanks in advance.
Alek: did your 2013 halogen fog light fitted well with the new 2014 f-sport bumper & bracket?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts