Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
will it be too strong for use in interior lights? such as the map lights at the front or the vanity lights where it could melt the housing
The 50w Leds are for exterior, way too bright for interior use.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you haven't installed them yet, do you mind putting up side-by-side pics like chroma23 did? I picked up these, but if they are brighter than mine I might pick them up because I smoke tinted my tail lights and I want to have the reverse lights as bright as possible. Thanks.
They were installed half a year ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
so i swapped all my interior bulbs to LED yesterday. quick question for those with experience... does your dome light dim on and off upon exit/entry? mine seems to have stopped since the replacement? any ideas? thanks!

·
Registered
990 Posts
so i swapped all my interior bulbs to LED yesterday. quick question for those with experience... does your dome light dim on and off upon exit/entry? mine seems to have stopped since the replacement? any ideas? thanks!
Yeah mine does dim just fine. I have an LED panel in the dome light and 24 SMD LED wedge bulbs in the map light. I've had this setup for going on 2 years with no issues. I suspect you have a faulty LED panel or bulb. I've ran out of bulbs to convert to LED on my car, I've literally converted everything down to the turn signals.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah mine does dim just fine. I have an LED panel in the dome light and 24 SMD LED wedge bulbs in the map light. I've had this setup for going on 2 years with no issues. I suspect you have a faulty LED panel or bulb. I've ran out of bulbs to convert to LED on my car, I've literally converted everything down to the turn signals.

great. thanks! i purchased a bunch, so i will try a few other bulbs in there and see if it resolves the issue. btw- just wanted to take a minute and say thanks for helping everyone so much on this forum. i've seen your name countless times. your posts are greatly appreciated by people like myself. thanks again!

·
Registered
123 Posts

Me too! The bulbs in the side mirror, everything in side, trunk, fog, turn signals, headlights are HID, but brights are the only halogen (maybe i will change those to leds....) left.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Me too! The bulbs in the side mirror, everything in side, trunk, fog, turn signals, headlights are HID, but brights are the only halogen (maybe i will change those to leds....) left.
I was fortunate enough to get a CT with the OEM LED headlamps but the highbeams I plan to leave alone as that's one area that LED's do not do well in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Changing light bulbs in the front map light housing requires removing the plastic trim squares ahead of the lens, then prying the back clip of the lens away from the housing, then dislodging the lens from the pins at the back edge, where the lens pivots up and down to switch the lights on and off. The bulbs are wedge type and pull straight out. DO NOT TWIST them. If you twist them, the socket will pop off and get lost inside the housing, and you will have to remove the housing. Instead put a piece of tape over the bulb, leaving a tail to pull down. Pull the bulb straight down. Reassembly is the reverse of disassembly.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts