Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Dude. You have no idea. I had the brilliant idea to replace the interior bulbs yesterday and then decided "might as well do the plate bulbs"... but I'm in Chicago and it was 3 degrees outside.
I got them in, but couldn't feel my hands afterwards.

I have a pair of needle nose pliers that I've wrapped with PTFE tape, so it doesn't mark up the plastic. I unplug the harness and remove the bulb holder with the pliers. After changing the bulb, I reconnect the harness (to prevent losing it in the hatch) and get the holder back in place and twisted just enough so it holds. Then I disconnect the harness and lock it back in with the pliers. The passenger side went in pretty easily, but the driver's side took about ten minutes to get back in (but I'm chalking that up to loss of dexterity due to the cold)

So I replaced the two map lights, rear dome light, hatch light and plate lights yesterday. Still need to do the two vanity lights and the puddles.
My HIDs are arriving today and I got some new bulbs for the fogs, so I might try to finish that up this weekend. I'll post pics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts