Lexus CT200h Forums banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am going to try out this Cree MT-G2 led, it 's 36W & brighter than the Cree XML2.

It's $62 at aliexpress.com
Question. Looking into the wattage for bulbs, it seems as if stock bulbs would be 55w.

With your 36w LEDs, are you experiencing any decrease in light? I'm a little nervous to go any wattage under the 55 to lose sight at night.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The reason to use LED is energy saving and long life, that's why it is rated at 36W instead of 55w Halogen bulb but LED is pretty bright.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I ve eared that you can t compare watts on regular bulbs to leds.
You 're supposed to compare lumens output.

Am i wrong?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed Sylvania ZXE H111's (recommended by AutoZone) and my car literally caught on fire driving less than a half mile. Turned car off went inside a store and someone came in shouting a car's on fire. Car is a Total loss. Service Manager told me I shouldn't have used anything but their OEM bulbs. Wish the manual had said that.
Just to clarify. Your car caught on fire. Instead of looking to contact your insurance company, you called for service? What kind of service were you expecting?

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you look at the hotspots, the halogen lights are bright farther down the road near the cutoff, where the LED lights are bright much closer to the car. this is very dangerous. it makes your eyes adjust to the brightness up close and makes seeing farther down the road even harder. not to mention all the glare coming off these that are going to impair the vision of oncoming traffic. please don't put anything other than a halogen bulb into a halogen light fixture. if you want something brighter than the regular H11 halogen bulbs, look up "ryan's guide" and the H9 swap. Or do a proper retrofit and replace the projector housing with one designed for LED or HID respectively.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Vaancee - clearly I called the insurance company immediately. The had no interest in researching the root cause.

I went in to the dealer to talk about what happened and to get answers. They sent an investigator out but would not share the findings. I understand with potential for a lawsuit they may not share, but if I did something wrong, I feel like they would have called out. Instead, they refused to share the insectors results.. Sadly, it was $1K for me to hire someone to come out and look at the car - and i was already 4K in the hole with Toyota Financial....i had to walk away.

My point was that the service manager acknowledged that the hybrids run too hot and can't handle anything but OEM's. I asked her to clarify and she shut up -- never spoke to me again.

Seeing the house fire it caused i'm lucky i stopped at McDonalds and wasn't home. Caveat Emptor

lexus.PNG

121 - 129 of 129 Posts