Lexus CT200h Forums banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's a pic with 6000k HiD in both low beams and fogs. 2 different brands and installed by 2 different people. I wasnt too happy with the low beams. So I switched my low beams to LED 2 weeks after I had both HiD installed.
IMG_0068.jpg IMG_0002.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently installed the Atshark 72W 6600LM LED low beams. Got em from amazon.ca for $65 CDN. Nice and bright. I ended up choosing these because the driver is built into the housing, so no extra dangling box. They do have a cooling fans though, which is definitely audible from outside the car. I can barely hear them inside if the car is totally quiet (EV mode, not moving, no music). Otherwise, they're not noticeable. There are some Atshark 60W 6000LM ones for $60 but they ship directly from Atshark and would've taken a month and I didn't want to wait. Those are fanless.

Installation was super easy. Took 15 mins.

Atshark.jpg [h=1][/h]

·
Registered
93 Posts
I should hope they get enough airflow to keep them cool. I have LED headlights for my mountain bike. 1000 lumendson the helmet and 2000 on the handlebars. But they are out in the open and get good airflow to keep them cool. After a ride the light is a little warm but never hot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I recently installed the Atshark 72W 6600LM LED low beams. Got em from amazon.ca for $65 CDN. Nice and bright. I ended up choosing these because the driver is built into the housing, so no extra dangling box. They do have a cooling fans though, which is definitely audible from outside the car. I can barely hear them inside if the car is totally quiet (EV mode, not moving, no music). Otherwise, they're not noticeable. There are some Atshark 60W 6000LM ones for $60 but they ship directly from Atshark and would've taken a month and I didn't want to wait. Those are fanless.

Installation was super easy. Took 15 mins.

Do u have any problem after a few months use? I am looking to replace my headlight and foglight to this

·
Registered
192 Posts
anyone have install pics? * id like to see how you guys are orienting the bulb. *with the leds pointing left/right? * OR, opposite where the leds are pointing up/down?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any update on how the heat does from these LED bulbs? I know halogen produces heat too but the heat is in the housing. This is outside of the housing.

I would also think that LED lights are also same with other LED light applications? I replaced my home with LED fixtures, and though they are brighter in lumens, it really is bright directly underneath the light. But it doesn't light places that the old CFL fixture used to reach. It's also as bright as sin if you look directly at it compared to the old fixture. Do other drivers hate you yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed Sylvania ZXE H111's (recommended by AutoZone) and my car literally caught on fire driving less than a half mile. Turned car off went inside a store and someone came in shouting a car's on fire. Car is a Total loss. Service Manager told me I shouldn't have used anything but their OEM bulbs. Wish the manual had said that.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mine had been installed for about 3 years (see post #92) and still going strong. LED 's generate heat much lower than aftermarket halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
My right headlight is still the original LED I installed and still working, the left one burnt out so that is a replacement.

·
Registered
195 Posts
yes, but your link is for H4 . they should be H11 led

101 - 120 of 127 Posts