Lexus CT200h Forums banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's a weird one...I installed these on my CT, and noticed that when they come on, I get all kinds of static on FM radio. Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas on how to resolve this?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have had no problems driving at night with these LEDs as they are as bright as the stock halogens.

I drove my 2004 corolla with halogen lights last night and I had way less visibility than the LEDs in the CT.
Not sure if you have seen my pictures. I provided objective data to support my claims. You obviously disagree with my stand, which is fine. I only posted to let other CT owners know that these may not work for them. I have already sold mine to another forum member and them seem happy with it. I ended up losing $100 or so just buying and selling these because they didn't work out.

edit: Also, your corolla is probably has reflectors and probably showing some age (not as clear, old bulbs, etc etc). You're going to have to compare with the LED on one side and halogen on the other side of the CT at the same time. I'm glad the LEDs are bright enough for you. For me, I would be better off driving with the DRL.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Yeah these lights are very awesome for the car and quality of these lights is also good.Its rally very beneficial in the foggy weather or even in the other harsh conditions.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not sure if you have seen my pictures. I provided objective data to support my claims. You obviously disagree with my stand, which is fine. I only posted to let other CT owners know that these may not work for them. I have already sold mine to another forum member and them seem happy with it. I ended up losing $100 or so just buying and selling these because they didn't work out.

edit: Also, your corolla is probably has reflectors and probably showing some age (not as clear, old bulbs, etc etc). You're going to have to compare with the LED on one side and halogen on the other side of the CT at the same time. I'm glad the LEDs are bright enough for you. For me, I would be better off driving with the DRL.
After having tried with the 2nd gen LED lights, I have to disagree with your assessment and agree with r18984. The LED's are definitely at par with the stock halogens. My analysis is qualitative and based on my perception only. Based on my unscientific observations, I can see your earlier pictures showing LED's on passenger side being not bright enough compared to the halogen on the driver side. However, when I did my swap, the light intensities on both sides were very similar; in fact, the LED seemed a tad brighter. I did not take any photographs to show you the difference in LED vs Halogen low beams. However, I have just taken a couple pictures in my garage to compare the passenger side light intensities between: 1. the LED Low Beam only and 2. LED Low Beam and Halogen High beam lit together. Here are the pictures:

Not that this is any way scientific; but you'll notice the background on both pictures to be fairly similarly exposed just to ensure an almost equal datum. The second picture is LED low beam plus stock halogen high beam. Upon comparing it with the low beam only first picture, just goes to show that the higher intensity high beam is not very powerful compared to the LED. Which further goes to prove that the LED low beam is fairly powerful, and definitely more powerful than what your pictures showed.

Now, why would your pictures show something different? I hope your passenger side housing is not suffering from condensation or something that may block light outputs. You do mention that with your morimoto HID's, your passenger side seem to shut off every other time. I have a feeling that your passenger side is not getting the full current it is supposed to, for the proper operation of the HID's and LED's. Just my thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here's a weird one...I installed these on my CT, and noticed that when they come on, I get all kinds of static on FM radio. Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas on how to resolve this?
The static seems to be generating from a loose electrical contact. It seems you have a loose connection between the lights and the power source. You need to press the contacts hard to ensure a good connection. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

On my corolla I keep the headlights polished so there is no plastic oxidation. They have dimmer light than these LEDs. With stock halogen bulbs (obviously newer ones as it is a 2004).

On the CT, I did compare at one headlight at a time. I also switched headlights from halogen to LEDs without moving the car. These LED are like stock.
I am not one of those people that want to have my low beams be as bright as my high beams. That just blinds other drivers.
I posted pictures to show they are the same as stock and I never had a problem while driving it for all this time.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Well work done on your headlight,but i think you not got the original thing and i am also not satisfied from this light.I think someone made you fool and you bring the low quality lights.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The LED light says 20W, will it give error message since the stock is 55w.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am going to try out this Cree MT-G2 led, it 's 36W & brighter than the Cree XML2.

It's $62 at aliexpress.com

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
My HID issue has been fixed. It was just the 55w ballast not playing well with the ct. I have 35w ballasts on now and not an issue once. My housing is perfectly fine. It is the bulb as I stated that I swapped the halogen to the left and LED to the right and vice versa and it is always the LED that is not very bright. I do scientific research for a living so I know how to have control parameters to ensure my data/observations are valid. All I can say with absolute certainty is that on my vehicle, LED bulbs are much dimmer than the stock halogen and much dimmer than the HID. My LED bulbs have been sold to another member on this forum, who has the 1st gen version and is happy with the bulbs, so this also removes the possibility that it was the bulbs that resulted in the dimmer lighting.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My HID issue has been fixed. It was just the 55w ballast not playing well with the ct. I have 35w ballasts on now and not an issue once. My housing is perfectly fine. It is the bulb as I stated that I swapped the halogen to the left and LED to the right and vice versa and it is always the LED that is not very bright. I do scientific research for a living so I know how to have control parameters to ensure my data/observations are valid. All I can say with absolute certainty is that on my vehicle, LED bulbs are much dimmer than the stock halogen and much dimmer than the HID. My LED bulbs have been sold to another member on this forum, who has the 1st gen version and is happy with the bulbs, so this also removes the possibility that it was the bulbs that resulted in the dimmer lighting.
All's well that ends well.

So it was YOUR CAR that had the problem with the 55W HID's, and HID themselves were blameless (but you inferred otherwise earlier). Same perhaps could be said for the LED's that appeared dimmer. No? That there is another member of the forum who's happy with the bulbs, by your same logic, also perhaps removes the possibility that the LED's are emitting dimmer lighting.

I, along with a number of other forum members are saying that the LED's are at par with the luminous intensity of the stock halogens, and I for one, will stick by that argument.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm the one that picked up your LEDs ;). They aren't significantly dimmer than the stock halogens otherwise, I wouldn't have bought a second set of the LEDs and would have went the HID route.

As a side note, I have the 2nd gen in the headlights and the 1st gen in the fogs, but when I was installing I looked at the lights with the 2nd gen in one headlight and the 1st gen in the other side and couldn't notice any difference.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
My drivers side led headlight failed. The passenger side is still working.

So one led light only lasted 6 months.

If I hit the bulb, it would go back on but then any movement turn it off again.
Some kind of joint or contact in the led housing failed.
I switched the drivers side back to the halogen bulb I originally had in it and am still having the led in the passenger side.

The seller on ebay states "1 year warranty" so I will see if they will replace it for free.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I installed this 36W bulb (72w for 2 bulbs) bought from Aliexpress for $61, VERY bright. So far so good.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
My drivers side led headlight failed. The passenger side is still working.

So one led light only lasted 6 months.

If I hit the bulb, it would go back on but then any movement turn it off again.
Some kind of joint or contact in the led housing failed.
I switched the drivers side back to the halogen bulb I originally had in it and am still having the led in the passenger side.

The seller on ebay states "1 year warranty" so I will see if they will replace it for free.
Sorry to hear. Let us know if they follow through with their warranty.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I installed this 36W bulb (72w for 2 bulbs) bought from Aliexpress for $61, VERY bright. So far so good.
Interesting...is that a ballast? Do you know how that one compares to the ones we've been using? I think if I have any premature issues with mine, I might splurge for the Morimotos again, but I'd have to think/research about it when the times comes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Interesting...is that a ballast? Do you know how that one compares to the ones we've been using? I think if I have any premature issues with mine, I might splurge for the Morimotos again, but I'd have to think/research about it when the times comes.

It comes with a small driver to keep the current stable. I can't compare with your 20W bulb because I didn't get that but it's sure better than the OEM halogen bub. I try to use the highest wattage available when it comes to LED bulb.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am going to try out this Cree MT-G2 led, it 's 36W & brighter than the Cree XML2.

It's $62 at aliexpress.com
It had been 9 months with over 10k on these LEDs and no problem so far...

81 - 100 of 129 Posts