Lexus CT200h Forums banner

41 - 60 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have 6000k Cree Led's in my fogs as I have OEM led headlights already. I can tell you the 6000k is not even close in color to the factory DRL's.
Let me rephrase, the LEDs we're talking about are a much closer match to the DRLs than the halogens the rest of us are replacing. I admit, I'd prefer 5000k lights, but factoring in cost and lack of availability, the LEDs the OP posted are a great option.

Here's a pic of my headlights:
IMG_1139.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
The ones that I linked was a joke. barely any light. it only has LED on one side and it faces upwards in the housing when installed. The ones linked by the OP is the ones you should get. I grabbed it from a US seller and there are plenty of them. I saw at least 2, one based in cali and one in arizona.

·
Registered
123 Posts
After actually driving at night once with these, I'm returning them. It is back to my morimoto for me. Ended up wasting money on return shipping on both of the LED bulbs I tried. The one listed by OP seems to through light mainly at 10 feet to 20 feet in front of my car. After that, it's pretty dark. Not sure what's going on as the OP's pic seem to show differently. Anyways, just reporting my experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got these lights installed a couple weeks ago. Love the look of the headlights with LED versus halogen, gives it a much cleaner look. I do agree the light doesn't seem to project as far out, but that just makes the drive more exciting lol here's my before and after pics.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1407289375.050099.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1407289396.404301.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
990 Posts

·
Premium Member
875 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Has anyone tried this 80W led for fog light?

2X 80W 9006 9005 HB3 H11 White CREE LED Super Bright Fog Driving Light Bulb | eBay

I would not use it for headlight since they don't project far enough but they are probably okay for fog. Just wondering!
I have those exact ones in my fogs for that last 4 months. They are great except they are a little too blue compared to my LED headlamps. Also only other downside is the top piece falls off unless you put locktite on the threads as the projector lense screws on. Simple vibrations make it loosen over time and fall off in your foglight housing. Also after 4 months of use the chrome metal that surrounds the LED's on the sides has started to crinkle with the heat. Doesn't make a difference though as the 4 LED's up top is what projects the light.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

41 - 60 of 129 Posts