Lexus CT200h Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Finished the installation this morning. It was fairly easy, although the directions were actually for a Prius, so there were some minor steps that were missing. Overall it was pretty easy to figure out. One thing that I wasn't too happy about is that you are left with this coolant hose that used to be attached to the stock air box. The directions state to "zip tie" it up. Well, you can tie it to some wiring on the right side of the engine bay, but that still leaves a pretty long run along the front of the car and there is nothing there to tie it to. So that means it will just bounce up and down as you drive. Since it's rubber and flexible I assume this won't hurt anything, but still it's not ideal. The other thing that wasn't exactly right is the angle of the breather tube. I assume the Prius breather hose comes off at a slightly different angle than ours because the breather tube on the intake isn't exactly at the right angle. The rubber hose fits on ok, but you can tell it's not lined up exactly right. Sound is very nice. At low throttle it sounds stock. At medium throttle you get a nice mellow sound. And full throttle you get a pretty mean sounding growl!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Read a lot of great tips here. Just wondered if spending $200 on that cold intake is worth the bang for the bucks.
While l'm here, l am sold on Royal Purple products (oil, filters...etc)...question: anyone knows if there is a filter for the CT from RP?
Can't leave without voicing how pee'Oed l am that Lexus assumes that buying their cars means you will NOT be a DIY guy! I want to change my own oil! What's with the hush-hush at the dealership about the where and why? Hate that!
Sorry...long winded here :relaxed:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Just wondered if spending $200 on that cold intake is worth the bang for the bucks.
Honestly doubt there is any "bang" for the buck, if you mean a performance improvement. I got my used from another member to save a bit, and I really just got it to improve the sound of the engine and because I like how it looks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can possibly get a slight discount from Injen. I'll even install it for free for you! Takes about 30 minutes or so.
Hey Matt I just was reading posts on Injen intakes and bumped into several of your posts they are a few years old anyway I saw you offered your discount$ , help & KNOWLEDGE installing the intake. I live in Downtown LA Does anyone of those offers still stand? I'm pretty handy with tools. I realize that the post is a few years old i also saw you get 50% off. Any feedback, help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My baby is a
2013 CT200h F-SPORT NEBULA GRAY PEARL. THANKS

101 - 107 of 107 Posts