Lexus CT200h Forums banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I Figure since F-Sport models really enhance the car beyond what the car is intended to be, there is no reason why not to have F-Sports mods like a factory CAI. Suspension & Sport modes are counter productive to a hybrid, remember the CT is not intended to be a Prius by design it's purpose is a sports hybrid, thus I would love to see a entire F-Sport catalogue. If the CT was a pure hybrid with that as it only function it would've really been a HS again preety much.

Short Rams really simply suck in more hot air, it would be nice to see a nice true CAI. Soon I presume.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Hopefully. There really isn't that much room for a CAI, otherwise, Injen would have designed one from the start.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I like my Injen intake. Just ordered a heat shield for it though.
It would be nice now to have the battery cover the same aluminum colour as the engine cover. Does anyone know if there is one out there?

232 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, +10 HP and + 17 ft/lbs of torque gains! w00t. I've noticed a 2-3 MPG increase as well (which brings me back to factory MPG since I have larger wheels and non-rolling resistance tires).
This is boasting a little, i.e. to get +10hP increase by just changing the air intake without ramming and increase gas mileage by factor of 2-2 mpg. I was wondering why couldn't Toyota play the with this, twiky with battery size, reduce weught and push the CT200h into 45 mpg thus qualifying for the EPA's Clean Vehicle Program???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Matt_RN, I just read a previous post about you installing a K&N filter initially. It appears that you switched and I was wondering if you were still happy with your Injen Intake? I am a new owner and looking to improve gas mileage where I can and the added benefit of the HP is making me lean towards the Injen Intake.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
36 Posts
i think the way the stock intake is designed and short rams really not giving you cold air, id bet that a KNN would yield the same results. I would not say this if it was a true CAI.

·
Registered
36 Posts
honestly beyond sound a short ram in this car looks almost pointless.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not sure about the air sensor in ct but was driving a forester xt turbo before and changing intake required remapping my air intake fuel map on the subaru with ecuteck.

If intake diameter of the injen is same, probably no turning required. If diameter too wide and with a stock air flow sensor

Sent from my GT-N7105 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
43 Posts
Air fuel mapping will probably run lean. You could detect it if its bad is like clicking or a shaking a bunch of keys. Can hear in some carparks when cars drive up ramps and are not in tune.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interesting thread. It appears that injen cone filter utilizes nano fibers media just like Amsoil high efficiency dry air filters. The high efficiency air filters capture very fine dirt particles just like Oem filters but provide much better air flow and able to collect more dirt. Also, Amsoil high efficiency air filters are cleanable using a vacuum cleaner and rated up to 100K miles.

I would not install a K&N wet air filter on a daily driver car because it cannot filter out those fine dirt particles which contaminate engine oil and block oil filter at greater rate. 10K miles oil change intervals would not apply for those who use K&N wet air filters. There are no noticeable performance gains from K&N air filter vs high efficiency Amsoil air filter. On my turbo race car I use K&N wet air filter where engine is producing close to 1000hp and engine oil/filter are replaced twice a year or about 1K miles apart.

From my personal experience (different cars) a better mpg claim from an aftermarket air filter is just a myth. Air/fuel delivery is controlled real time using sensors like O2 sensor(s), MAF, AIT, MAP. As long as air filter is clean, engine performance and mpg will be happy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Do people really think this intake makes more power? I am a little skeptical. Was the dyno done with the hood open? If so, then the power gains would be exaggerated since the Injen intake would normally be sucking in hot engine bay air with the hood closed. I would expect zero mpg gains since power mods never increase mpg regardless of the car. More air in requires more fuel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do people really think this intake makes more power? I am a little skeptical. Was the dyno done with the hood open? If so, then the power gains would be exaggerated since the Injen intake would normally be sucking in hot engine bay air with the hood closed. I would expect zero mpg gains since power mods never increase mpg regardless of the car. More air in requires more fuel.
Totally agree. The design of an injen intake system listed in this thread will swallow more hot air which may descrease engine performance. Stock air box has a snorkel routed to a passenger side head lamp where air may be a little cooler compared to location where injen air filter is. If that cone filter was enclosed into air box and a snorkel ran from air box to inside of a fender where cold air is, then I would expect performance gain under wide open throttle in a sport mode.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Our cars have a redefined air fuel maps and they have to be tuned for specific air fuel ratios at certain loads. Unless the car is retuned the MAF or MAP sensors will just relay these numbers to the ecu to load the default fueling at different parts of the fuel maps.

My previous Forester xt ecu was a 32bit processor and hopefully ct200h uses a more advances processor and better air fuel sensor to operate at the ultra lean fuel mixtures.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Our cars have a redefined air fuel maps and they have to be tuned for specific air fuel ratios at certain loads. Unless the car is retuned the MAF or MAP sensors will just relay these numbers to the ecu to load the default fueling at different parts of the fuel maps.

My previous Forester xt ecu was a 32bit processor and hopefully ct200h uses a more advances processor and better air fuel sensor to operate at the ultra lean fuel mixtures.

kt2010

Interesting reply, exactly what are you saying? :confused:

Are you a politician by any chance? ;)

Motor-On,

MidCow3

CT200h for economy (Matador Red Mica)
ST for fun and now daily driver (Race Red)
S2000 for those top-down weekends. (New Formula Red)

·
Registered
43 Posts

Sorry didnt do any spell check haha.

Wanted to add if the diameter of the intake is different from stock retuing might be required from my experience with a subaru forester xt turbo.

A lean air fuel mixture might cause pinging.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Just bought the injen intake slightly used from a member of the forum. I'm not worried about installing it as I am fairly handy with easy mods. But I read on some other sites (Club Lexus and Prius Chat) that some people were getting check engine light issues after installing this intake. Has anyone here had that issue?

81 - 100 of 107 Posts