Lexus CT200h Forums banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone know if Lexus is coming out with a fsport intake like they did on the IS?

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
There was a rumor TRD in Valencia, CA was testing a cold air intake and exhaust package for the CT. Rumor also has it it may be available in the fall if all testing goes well. That would be exciting if it were true. It most surely would have to be dealer installed as with a new exhaust you would almost have to tweak the engine timings to reap maximum benefit.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Just ordered my intake today. Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
The forum sponsor CarID has the ct200h injen intake. You can even get the correct heat shield and moisture pre-filter there too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I haven't seen that much of a difference, I have been getting 44.4 mpg US since I bought the car and it has been constant the whole time. I did just take a 800 mile road trip and got 41 mpg but I was going 75 the whole way. What it does for sure effect is the sound, the engine doesn't sound as if it is being chocked/starved of air when you are at full throttle.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Just installed my intake. What a breeze!
I like the throaty sound when going to full throttle, and it's quiet otherwise.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Everything went according to plan - real easy. But I was wondering, now with such a good look under the hood if there is a nicer cover for the battery/electrical cover under the hood? You see the nice engine cover, now the intake then you look over at the electrical cover and it's ugly!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry if I'm asking a question that has already been answered but... Has anyone who's had this installed have a noticable gain in accelaration? I've seen various replies on mpg increasing, more throaty throttle response, and hp gain on the dyno results. I'm not looking to win a 1/4 mile race but would like to know if people who own this recommend it's use because they see and feel an significant improvement.

thanks for all your replies :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Does it come with a heat shield? If not, are you guys experiencing heat soak?
Didn't come with a heat shield. So far no problems.

I find the acceleration a little bit better. Love the growl when goosing it. But our cars are not going to win many races, it just looks like it will!

·
Registered
36 Posts
It would be nice if a real CAI was produced, short rams really take in alot of hot air

232 Posts
The best and most awesome mod I have read so far for the ct200H. This is way to go ... jam in more power with less restricted and cooler air intake. K&N filters are spetacular indeed. I have put then of 2009 bmw 328i and 2010 subaru outback and I did noticed lower effort in accelerating.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd love to reply to some of these things and ask questions but it seems your web site thinks I'm a bot. I don't want to sell anything. I want to ask the forums questions about my car! I want to participate in the conversation! What is with your crazy security? Does it assume that EVERYONE is a bot until the web master finally checks his email?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Took delivery of my CT lat monday. Obsidian exterior, black nulux interior. Sun-roof/nav. No leather. :( wishing I had. So of course my first thought is, how can I squeeze more MPG out of this thing? I see there is some thought on this intake possibly boosting the mpg. My next thought is the same question as being asked by several people here. Does this mod void the warranty? So I asked the dealer. The reply, "Installed and driven? No. It would only void the warranty if a problem came about because of the part or installation of said part". Then they said, "For example, if you came to fix a window, there is no way the problem with the window was due to the part so it's covered".

·
Registered
22 Posts
im still waiting on thsi rumoured F Sport Intake.....sign
I asked the salesman about it being something Lexus would do and he said he didn't think so, at least not this year. I don't think if it is increases mpg it should be limited to F-Sport upgrades. It should be stock. The point is the vehicle is a hybrid, built to maximize mpg.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts