Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give Paul a shoutout and great big THANKS for his hard work in research and development and for the Injen intake for my CT.

My CT doesn't sound like it's struggling when I accelerate hard, rather, there's a nice deep throaty hum when I accelerate past 3-4k RPM.

If I'm not mistaken, +10 HP and + 17 ft/lbs of torque gains! w00t. I've noticed a 2-3 MPG increase as well (which brings me back to factory MPG since I have larger wheels and non-rolling resistance tires).

And of course, this intake was dyno-tested and confirmed to not interfere with engine control systems. No check engine lights. CARB certification is in process and will probably take a year (not really a concern if you're not living in CA, in case you get pulled over and the cops hassle you).

I LOVE THIS INTAKE! Go INJEN!

**No cold air intake since there wasn't much room in the lower part of the engine compartment to fit the CAI, unfortunately.**

photo.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Interesting idea on a hybrid. I take it those HP gains are at the fly and even lower at the front wheels.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Very nice. Would love to Hear a recording of the engine above 4k, one of the few dislikes with the car as I agree it sounds like it is struggling.

And which kit did you end up using?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Was it dyno tested before and after the intake? 10 HP and 17 lb/ft seems like very high gains on this little motor.
Do we have any prius owners who can chime in?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Awesome Matt ... Now that is a product that should sell well! .... horsepower inrease, torque increase, mpg increase ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
yea 10/17 horses gained seems a bit to much, those seem like packaging numbers and not proven dyno numbers. but i would like to know how it pulls and the sound, so wondering if you could post some youtube of your 0-60 time and also the sound of your car as it hits 4k rpm.

but i think you can produce the same results for 37 dollar with a K&N filter and remove the SULEV FILTER to create more air flow.

i currently removed the SULEV FILTER, waiting till i get finished with my 10k maintenance then i will swap out the oem filter for a K&N.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Thank you Matt for once again paving the way for the rest of us and finding great mods

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What on earth is a MUSTANG power? Jesus.

sorry about the late posts. Still trying to catch up with mods on my car and working furiously to make money to pay for said mods.

Finally got some down time at work right now. WHEW.

Waiting for dyno data from Injen.

Will post videos asap.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Matt, that sounds great!

I believe this is the exact kit they have on their site for the Prius.. I

'm wondering what the downside is to this mod.. I believe if there was no downside Toyota would've had a similar system to begin with.

Either way, I'll probably order this week.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Yeah, it does sound good, much better than I was expecting, for a 1.8L hybrid! ;) I think if I got this, my average MPG would go down a bunch, as I'd always want to hear that.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It should be readily available as the Prius kit, since they do have the same drivetrain.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Is the short ram by Ingen that Tomanik provide a link for the same ?

It should be readily available as the Prius kit, since they do have the same drivetrain.
I am not sure what the drivetrain has to do with an engine installation? But the engines are also the same and Tomanik provide a link that looks the same as the one you installed; could you please concur. Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to shut the traction control off?

I own/operate my own dyno tuning business and tried to dyno my CT in 2wd, but no matter what ABS/Trac fuses I pulled, it just set off all the lights, bells and whistles. I can dyno it in AWD mode since it has 2 linked rollers (DynoJet 424Linx), but the numbers will not be accurate.

I'd love to test some mods for you guys, but we need to figure out how to turn off the traction control.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts