Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Initial impressions (after 1 1/2 days)

6K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  baxter57 
#1 ·
I picked up my CT200 (non-Nav) Wednesday evening and my initial impressions are very, very good (coming from an RX350).
Handling, ride, interior noise, acceleration -all much better than I expected, even in comparison to the RX. Certainly not quite to that level but very good considering the size/weight of the car.
Still learning my way around a hybrid - cannot get used to how quiet the car is when starting up - and learning how the various drive modes effect the driving/handling of the car. And I am still getting used to the idea of pushing a button to get into Park instead of it being on the gear lever.
Do agree that the rear window is a bit small, but putting the two HUGE rear headrests down (you can turn them down so that they are not in your line of sight) makes a big improvement.
Still feeling my way around the voice command for the blue tooth telephone (iPhone 4) but was very impressed how easy it was to connect the phone - including the Blue Tooth Audio - and it works great.
Do wish there was a bit more storage room - both in front and in the rear - but it is a significantly smaller car than I am used to.
Was surprised that I was able to fit into the rear seat behind the driver's seat when it is adjusted for my driving (I am about 6'3").
Do miss somethings from the RX - the way the moon roof opens much wider, the way the mirrors dim automatically, the way the steering wheel lifts out of your way to get out (that is probably what I miss the most at this point).
Do love the cool entry system and very happy that the key has to be very close to the car to allow entry. (Would not even allow my wife to open the passenger door if I was standing on the driver's side - that did surprise me a bit.)
Overall very happy. (Hopefully I will still feel that way after the newness and uniqueness wears off.)
Steve

See less See more
#2 ·
(Would not even allow my wife to open the passenger door if I was standing on the driver's side - that did surprise me a bit.)
Welcome to the family and nice to hear you like it! You will love it more and more with time :D

The above feature is programmable, so if you want your wife to be able to open her door at the same time as you, you can program that by your self. See the personal settings chapter in the manual (Page 691).
As default in the US, you can only unlock the car by the handle that's closest to the key.

Have fun with the car, I have had mine for over a month and love it more for every day :)

#3 ·
Welcome welcome! Enjoy! I still love my car and I've had it since March! Well, it's getting modded now, so I won't have it for two weeks or so. I miss it terribly. LOL.

36 one-way mile commute via public transit isn't so fun. But at least I can try to sleep on the Metro! (key word: TRY)

#6 ·
I GOT MINE YESTERDAY!!!!!! Yep, I'm yelling it. I'm soooooo happy! I'm getting used to all things hybrid, and agee with swandy about the park button and some other things. The dealer told me that someone was looking at my car in the showroom (with the sold sticker on it) and said to him, "I'll pay full sticker price for this one right now." The dealer laughed at him and told him to get in line. Their waiting list had 4 or 5 people on it when I got on 5 weeks ago, and now there are 20. I feel very lucky.

My small children love how sparkly it is in the sunlight.

#7 ·
I forgot - I have a couple of questions:
1. There's supposed to be an electronic device holder, but I can't find it, unless it's the rather large piece of u-shaped plastic in a beige plastic envelope in the back. Is that it?
2. What does the average miles per gallon display refer to - average for that trip or something else?
3. The dealer couldn't get my phone to pair with the bluetooth, but that may be a phone issue and not the car. I need to read some manuals!

#12 ·
1. the device holder is more like a triangular block with an attachment piece that fits under the stereo system above the cupholder/power outlet- it swivels and adjusts to various device sizes/phones. are you in the US? i heard that there are some non-US models that it doesn't seem to come with.
2. on my non-Nav Premium model, there are two average miles/gallon displays. a large one (that takes up most of the screen and this i believe is for the life of the car unless you reset it somehow) and a smaller one next to the real-time mpg meter (this one resets after every fillup). mine has improved over 1 months time. initially i was getting 40-42 mpg in normal/sport during the first 2 weeks, then i have recently been getting 44-47 mpg the last two weeks. i fill up approximately once/week (but often with 1/4-left in the tank - so ~7 gallon fillup).
3. yes, try another phone. i have an Android 2.2 LG Optimus and it pairs both phone and streaming audio fine via bluetooth (although there are a few idiosynchrosies you need to work around to get it consistently).

#9 ·
Thanks for the tip about the user settings - will have to look into that further.
Had the same experience as mine was sitting in the dealership waiting for my arrival - the salesman was approached by (according to him) 4 or 5 people interested in my baby.
And yes - the large plastic thing is probably the holder - at least that is where mine was but the salesman did point it out to me.
Steve

#14 ·
Thanks, jcpharm and baxter 67. I'm still on my first tank of gas, getting 46.2 mpg! I'd like to be able to track mpg by tank of gas, so I appreciate your comments.

I evidently did not receive the electronic device holder. I'll have to ask my dealer to get me one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.