Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i came back from long work trip (5 weeks) and when i start my car my info system was not working.

i have checked both fuse boxes and all fuses look good. not sure what else to check or do.

nothing on the screen and if i press the CD eject button i hear nothing. almost as if it has no power.

please let me know what else i should check ? (trying to save a trip to the dealer.)

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Build-a-CT

thanks for the reply, i have a 2016.
i will definitely update, if i find a fix. (hoping to find it before taking it to the dealer).

·
Registered
2012 Premium with Nav
42 Posts
Hi Build-a-CT

thanks for the reply, i have a 2016.
i will definitely update, if i find a fix. (hoping to find it before taking it to the dealer).
OK, the 2016 audio is very different than my 2012. I would still try some of my approaches, but the specific details may be different.

Out of curiosity, what happens when you press and hold the ceiling console's SOS button?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, the 2016 audio is very different than my 2012. I would still try some of my approaches, but the specific details may be different.

Out of curiosity, what happens when you press and hold the ceiling console's SOS button?
if i press and hold the SOS button, nothing happens. if i just press the SOS button the lady comes on (saying i need a subscription).

i don't see a amp under the passenger seat. well i not sure what i am looking for.
do you have schematic or many be pictures.

thanks,

·
Registered
2012 Premium with Nav
42 Posts
if i press and hold the SOS button, nothing happens. if i just press the SOS button the lady comes on (saying i need a subscription).

i don't see a amp under the passenger seat. well i not sure what i am looking for.
do you have schematic or many be pictures.

thanks,
1) my 2012 does the same when I press the SOS button, similar symptoms all around.

2) There should be a plastic cover over the amp. On my car its not obvious there is an amp there because its kind of integrated into the carpet then covered by the plastic cover. I am not confident it is in that location on a 2016. I may be able to upload a picture of mine tomorrow.

3) The only time I get life out of my radio is when I take out and put back in the radio fuse. Upon first start up after the CD player cycles. May be an easy way for you to be able to check its getting power and ignition.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i took out the amp and inspected it. nothing looks to be burnt or damage. all caps and other electronics looks good. (see pics).

i guess i will have to take my car to dealer :cry::(:(:(
Circuit component Passive circuit component Product Hardware programmer Electronic component

Green Circuit component Hardware programmer Computer hardware Electronic engineering

Passive circuit component Circuit component Green Hardware programmer Microcontroller

·
Registered
2012 Premium with Nav
42 Posts
Yeah, figuring out if anything is wrong with the amp visually is way outta my wheel house. Please keep us updated on what the dealership says or any other progress

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
took the car to the dealership, and they said need to replace the radio (unit part#100558).
going to cost 3-4 k at the dealership.

Anyone know where i can buy a used unit?? or if there is an upgrade that i can install.?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts