Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Infinity Reference speaker line has been out for a bit but you can still find last year's model for the 6.5 and 6x9 speakers at really cheap prices. I just bought the following to replace all 6 speakers in my car.

Infinity Reference REF-3002cfx: $79.99
Infinity Reference X REF-3002cfx 3-1/2" 2-way speakers at Crutchfield.com

Infinity Reference 6032cf: $45.83
Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5-Inch 180-Watt High-Performance Two-Way Speakers (Pair): Car Electronics

Infinity Reference 9633cf: $67.92
Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 9633cf 6 x 9-Inch 300-Watt High Performance 3-Way Loudspeaker (Pair): Car Electronics

Notice I couldn't find the old model for the 3.5 in. anymore, so I had to go with the new one. There are some places online that say they have the older model (Sonic for instance) but they are always on back order, and they aren't any cheaper than the new version anyway. You might be able to get them on Ebay if you REALLY want the older model 3.5 so that all speakers are exactly the same.

Anyway, just thought I would let everyone know. $45 and $67 bucks for speakers that were in the $150 - $200 range previously is pretty awesome!

Now if it would warm up so I can install these! :) BTW, if anyone knows of the correct brackets for these speakers, let me know. If not, I'll probably just end up making something and it will turn into a big project. Thanks.

- Jason

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can still get the 3.5" from Harman Audio, they are factory reconditioned if that matters to you. I bought a pair and installed them 2 weeks ago and they are work fine.
HarmanAudio.com - Official Online Store of Harman Kardon, JBL, Infinity & AKG
So, I bought a pair the 6x9 from them last night.
I bought the 6.5" for the back doors from amazon (your link).

I'm puzzled by the brackets for the front doors too. I pulled the driver's door panel last weekend and that speaker/bracket combo is an odd arrangement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts