Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up our 2012 CT this last Monday and decided a trip was in order. Drove from Oregon to Yosemite then up to Mammoth Lakes, Ca.

My wife wanted to drive, her first time with the CT. As we neared HY 395, a deer jumped out of the woods, she swerved, but the deer hit and then rolled down the passenger side.

Front right fender and passenger door totally trashed. 897 new miles and now we have a beater.
Question..how can I make sure that the repair (paid by Insurance) is one where the fender and door are replaced, not one where a pull out and bondo repair is done.

I don't want a new car with any hint of bondo.

It may have been a bummer of a trip, but the CT performed wonderfully on every level.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Those days are gone if u go to reputable shop.
Panels will be replaced.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Those days are gone if u go to reputable shop.
Panels will be replaced.
Yep, easier and better to replace parts.

FYI, there are Lexus authorized body repair shops...there is one associated with So County Lexus in Misssion Viejo CA . I once had a 3 series BMW which I took to a BMW authorized body shop, they had tools and jigs specific to the vehicle. Your insurance company may try to steer you to someone that gives them a discount, but you have the right to take your car whereever you want. Don't let them trick you.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yeah, at least in CA, you get to pick your own body shop. One time I follow my insurance's advice and took it to one of their shop and the job took over 3 weeks and the paint started to fade after 2 years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here in Eugene,Oregon..paint does not fade, it molds. OK, old joke... at least I can now joke about it...

Thanks you all for your advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts