Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car at 25,000 miles and had the 30,000 mile maintenance done on schedule by the dealer. I am now at 34,500 and see in the manual that another "service" is scheduled, but it doesn't look like they actually do anything except look at the car and rotate tires which I could have done anywhere. Does anyone actually do these "in-between" services at the Lexus dealer? My closest dealer is about a 90 minute drive, so it doesn't seem like it is worth that drive for a visual inspection and tire rotation.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Being a technician myself that used to work for a lexus dealership, I say take it somewhere else closer and cheaper. I've been working on lexus hybrids since the RX 400h came out and they don't have anything wrong with them till pass 60,000 miles. Rotate your tires every 5000 miles to make them last longer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
842 Posts
I bought my car at 25,000 miles and had the 30,000 mile maintenance done on schedule by the dealer. I am now at 34,500 and see in the manual that another "service" is scheduled, but it doesn't look like they actually do anything except look at the car and rotate tires which I could have done anywhere. Does anyone actually do these "in-between" services at the Lexus dealer? My closest dealer is about a 90 minute drive, so it doesn't seem like it is worth that drive for a visual inspection and tire rotation.
You are depriving them of the opportunity to try to sell you stuff you don't need. Use Charley, the shade tree mechanic. Rotate your tires if you like to do that sort of thing.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Being a technician myself that used to work for a lexus dealership, I say take it somewhere else closer and cheaper. I've been working on lexus hybrids since the RX 400h came out and they don't have anything wrong with them till pass 60,000 miles. Rotate your tires every 5000 miles to make them last longer.

Helpful insight, you are are an invaluable asset to this forum for those who need technical help. I still have a Volvo that has about 212k miles due to folks like you at the Volvo forum whenever I have technical questions.

·
Registered
180 Posts

So... what goes wrong with them past 60k miles?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Usually I see the first brake job on them and just some of your basic fluid changes. I had only one RX 400h to leak oil from the back of the engine that was a easy fix and one battery that had over 200,000 miles on the vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts