Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...so, it's been a day or two over a week. My car had a full tank of gas from the Lexus dealer when delivered. My car showed it had approximately 420 miles on it with about 35 showing left for cruising range on the display of the car. So, I go to fill up figuring I'd be putting in at least 10 gallons of gas. I went to the gas station (regular was $3.77/gallon) and put in approximately 8.7 gallons for a price of $32 and change (think it was about $32.60). Love the dollar amount for over a week of driving...but, how come only 8.7 gallons...should I have waited until the cruising range said 00 miles? Should I have waited until some low fuel light came on instead (and if so, how much gas would I have once this light comes on)? And, when I filled up the car, the new cruising range indicated 528 miles

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 50 miles is what I tested, driving back from Las Vegas to Sherman Oaks, moderate traffic, high winds, light came on when I was on freeway 50 miles from my house.
Cool...thanks...either way, if I do it like I did, nothing wrong with $32 to fill up the tank...someone at work pointed out that the week I got my CT, gas started going down..so..either way, if it continues to drop, it will only cost me about $22 to fill my tank....driving in to work today, the instant MPG read 53.8 MPG and the continuous average MPG was at 47.9...I really am loving this car. Also, I seem to get good mileage this way...when cruising at highway speed in normal mode, I will switch it over to ECO when I don't need to pickup but just to keep it constant speed...seems to drag on the engine a little bit more (seems to maybe charge more than in normal mode).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.