Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Obsidian Lexus 2015 CT 200h F-Sport
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I'm due for new tires soon and I'm not sure what to look for. I have a 2015 F-sport with the 17" F-Sport wheels. I currently have some sporty tires that came on the car when I bought it. They've served me well but I have 1000 miles left on them. I have a big road trip coming up so I'm planning on getting fresh tires before then.

For some reference, I like to drive on the faster side and I get lots of rain here in Florida. I'm not too keen on the low resistance tires people use for efficiency, I had them on my previous car and I always felt like I was on the edge of grip.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to tires and really don't know what I want/need. Leave me your recommendations!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
390 Posts
It sounds like just about any good tire will work if you're not requiring "hybrid" tires. When mine need to be replaced, I plan on going up one size larger so that the speedometer is correct and I get a little more height and ground clearance and cushion.

·
Registered
90 Posts
TobiasSing you are correct..
Let's put it this way, it's how it Should have been released..

55's are the way to go

No more tailgaters
No rubbing at all, Ever, even Loaded
Spot-on gps and radar speed signs

And- with the Kinergy st 735's we average 46-48 zipping around.. 47.3mpg on the dash is roughly general what we see driving around in normal mode.. ?

Not selling Hancook or anything like that, just been through them all and experienced despair.. (I'm old)

whatever you get, don't let the "what ifs" regret get the best of you, 215 55 is the only way to go, extra rubber makes a Difference..

No more "hang-on honey, here comes a crack in the road"

Ride height is negligible at +22mm
And wheels fit the hole more evenly

Attachments
  • IMG_2442.JPG

·
Registered
Obsidian Lexus 2015 CT 200h F-Sport
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TobiasSing you are correct..
Let's put it this way, it's how it Should have been released..

55's are the way to go

No more tailgaters
No rubbing at all, Ever, even Loaded
Spot-on gps and radar speed signs

And- with the Kinergy st 735's we average 46-48 zipping around.. 47.3mpg on the dash is roughly general what we see driving around in normal mode.. ?

Not selling Hancook or anything like that, just been through them all and experienced despair.. (I'm old)

whatever you get, don't let the "what ifs" regret get the best of you, 215 55 is the only way to go, extra rubber makes a Difference..

No more "hang-on honey, here comes a crack in the road"

Ride height is negligible at +22mm
And wheels fit the hole more evenly

Attachments
  • IMG_2442.JPG
So you're saying 55 sidewall is worth getting? The ride in my F-Sport could definitely be softer and those look like a good fit.

·
Registered
2012 Fire Agate Pearl
30 Posts
I did the General Exclaim HP all seasons via Walmart. Under 120 a tire installed. Night and day difference. In every way a huge improvement and no change noted in mileage. Quieter than the primaks and stick to the road all without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did not like the original tires, hard, not great turning fast, and not great braking; etc. I replaced them with PILOT SPORT A/S 3 PLUS and the difference was just incredible, you will feel like you are driving a different car. Keep the tire pressure on the higher side (little higher in the front compared to the rear) dealerships drop it to 32 which is stupid, you will be extremely stable in the rain and around corners with these tires. You can get good less expensive tires, I just don't think you want to go inexpensive with the 4 things that touch the road.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My L-Certified 2016 base came with a set of new Nexen N5000 Plus. I thought they were average at best and replaced them with Continental TrueContact Tours. Terrible traction in the rain, couldn't get them off fast enough. Next went with Yokohama Avid Ascend GTs. These are excellent tires for our cars...nice bump in gas mileage combined with excellent wet and dry handling. Got the itch for new shoes and bought a set of Pirelli P7 AS Plus 3. They were the quietest, most comfortable riding tires I've ever had on any vehicle, but there was a gas mileage hit. I replaced those with Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Seaon Plus 2 Ultra High Performance tires. Low rolling resistance, excellent wet and dry traction and also very quiet. Very highly rated on TireRack by both their experts and consumers.

My choice:

1A: Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Seaon Plus 2 Ultra High Performance tires. (current tires)
1B: Yokohama Avid Ascend GT.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
67 Posts
Firestone Firehawk Indy500.
Best Sub<$200 tire you can buy with your money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts