Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a brief write up for replacing the regular door sills with the Illuminated Sills.

Detailed instructions (PDF) are here: Door Sill Install.pdf - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

Part Number: PT922-89100

Simply get your fingers under the old sills and pull the backside of the sill to release the clips.

When you get the new sills you will see where the clips are located.

Here's the passenger side with the sill removed.

Then remove the plastic cover at the bottom of the A pillar - one plastic nut and two clips.

Then remove the plastic panel directly under the glove box.

This involves releasing a clip in the middle of the panel and then simply pulling the panel down.

This will reveal the existing LED that illuminates the foot-well area.

The "feed" to the illuminated sills taps into the cable that feed the foot-well LED using the insulation piercing
connectors provided in the kit.

Reassembly is the reverse of taking everything apart.

The kit comes with cable ties to secure the sill wiring to the cars existing wiring harness at appropriate locations.

Total time for both sides was about 1 hour and an additional 10 minutes for the rear bling pieces.

My wife even thinks it looks cool !!!!!!!

:D:cool::D

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
great write up!

If my car didn't already come with these, I would have put them in for sure! They definitely look great!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wow Audi! That is an impressive write up. I saw this 14 pgs of instructions and knew the dealer would have to do our's. Geeeezus!

In fact, mine finally arrived on Thurs and I had the dealer install the same day. They are look AWESOME! Well worth the $200 installed price I paid. Actually the service guy commented that they had no idea who much work was involved since the illum sill plates for other models did not require the wiring procress. They installed my husband's first which took them 2 hrs. (then about 30 mins for mine) So it was must faster on the second install. They look great!

You get BIG PROPS for doing it yourself!! You definitely are a gadget man. ;-)

·
Registered
222 Posts
i never really thought much of this, but it's pretty nice afterall. good job on the writeup and install!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Cenix: It's one of those things when you see it, you say "oooh that looks cool". I had them in my Infiniti, Prius and now both of us have them in the CT. It's a nice little touch...pointless, but nevertheless a nice touch. hehe ;-)

·
Registered
96 Posts
pointless, but nevertheless a nice touch. hehe ;-)
noooo - I would never say pointless! It's one of those "feel good" features every time you get in the car. Just like the complete keyless entry / door handle sensors. I have the same feature on my car now, and now that I've had it, I almost puke with the thought of using the FOB to unlock my doors :D

I plan on ordering these from the US, since I can't seem to find them on the Canadian site - I haven't asked the dealer yet though. I will potentially just have them installed during my next trip to buffalo, although I do love to tackle these things on my own... doesn't look like I can f*ck up anything TOO important ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Like I've said in other threads - I had to order mine from the US - ct200chat.com - none to be had in Canada yet.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's hard to get the full effect since I installed the LED interior lights since everything is so bright.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How much do you think the dealer would charge to install these assuming I bought all the parts myself?

EDIT: Answered this myself, my dealer is going to charge $75 for the install.. Pretty fair IMO

232 Posts
That is super cool. I did on 2010 Subaru Outback and it took me close to two hours for the first one, besides breaking off a finger nail in the process. It is pretty simple on the CT200h. A very nice write up to share with the group. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I saw this and wanted it immediately. Something about dressing up something looking so blah. I googled the part number and found them on line at ebay from a dealer. I called my dealer's service department and asked about installation. He said he would only install if I got the part from them. I wasn't going to pay the $330 retail price plus installation and told him so. So he countered if he could match the on line price and I would pay $150 to install would I go for it? Well - he could not match the price and would not do the install. I was bummed and started calling other Lexus dealers. I found one in a nearby city who who install for $120.

Have an appt set for Monday!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice install

1 - 15 of 15 Posts