Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure most of you guys already know this, but the CT has been awarded the topmost safety rating by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Vehicle details. While this is significant, note this. The Toyota Prius, on which the CT is based has itself only achieved the "Acceptable"rating on the Small Overlap Front Category, while the CT achieved the highest "Good" rating there as well. Vehicle details The Prius V though has also received the Top Safety Pick Plus designation for those interested.

As well, this is a significant achievement, because only a few Toyota and Lexus vehicles have achieved the topmost safety rating by the IIHS. In car makes, only Subaru has achieved the Top Safety Pick + for all its models.

While there has been no test for pre-2014 CT, I am led to believe that the CT itself is a safe vehicle. Also note that in its 2014 refresh, Lexus did add quite few additional welds and other changes, so that might have added the reinforcements to the front.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm sure most of you guys already know this, but the CT has been awarded the topmost safety rating by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Vehicle details. While this is significant, note this. The Toyota Prius, on which the CT is based has itself only achieved the "Acceptable"rating on the Small Overlap Front Category, while the CT achieved the highest "Good" rating there as well. Vehicle details The Prius V though has also received the Top Safety Pick Plus designation for those interested.

As well, this is a significant achievement, because only a few Toyota and Lexus vehicles have achieved the topmost safety rating by the IIHS. In car makes, only Subaru has achieved the Top Safety Pick + for all its models.

While there has been no test for pre-2014 CT, I am led to believe that the CT itself is a safe vehicle. Also note that in its 2014 refresh, Lexus did add quite few additional welds and other changes, so that might have added the reinforcements to the front.
Great news... Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts