Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... I'm planning to plastidip the chrome grill surround on my CT so I can further my blacked-out theme.

I knows there's several screws that need removing in order to take that surround piece out.. But does anyone have a link to specific instructions? I couldn't find any on the web.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Plastidip is on its way to the Philippines, should arrive in 5 weeks (sea). Would appreciate if anyone chimes in!

PS I don't think you have to remove the grill surround, though. Based on the instructions I've been seeing online, it just peels off when dry? :s

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Plastidip is on its way to the Philippines, should arrive in 5 weeks (sea). Would appreciate if anyone chimes in!

PS I don't think you have to remove the grill surround, though. Based on the instructions I've been seeing online, it just peels off when dry? :s
Hey Chez.. I went ahead and just masked everything surrounding the grill with newspaper and sprayed the grill surround with plastidip. Did about 5 coats and it came out perfectly in a nice matte black. And the plastidip automatically came off at the edges. I'll post some pics soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts