Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I took delivery of a obsidian/black with caramel nuluxe CT200h Premium (Nav & Premium sound). As a daily commuter to and from work in LA City traffic, good-bye 14mpg. Hello 42mpg! Finally a hybrid with some style!!!

I'll install the bamboo dash trim today. It's not the only or most important feature, but I do like the LED daytime running lights. :D

I may perhaps get aftermarket 18" rims/wheels. Otherwise it's great the way it is!

I hope to share my experiences here and learn new things from all you guys in this community of CT owners. Glad to be here!

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Congrats - let us know how easy the dash trim installs

Does the old trim simply pull off and the new trim clips in?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Oooh, that looks soooo SWEET. I love that combo. Good luck with keeping it sparkley clean. ;-) It definitely is a hybrid with style.

Congrats!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow...congrats on the pickup. That's a sweet combo!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ Everyone: Thanks for the warm welcome! I have to say CONGRATS as well to everyone on your decision to get (or wanting to get) the CT. Stylish it is for sure!

@ Tonic: If you go with the same caramel interior, you can't go wrong with either color in my opinion.

@ Hey Gurl: I am use to driving a black color vehicle (suv) to and from work. Keeping a black car is definitely more challenging, but for me it wasn't too bad because this CT will also be garaged at home and in an underground parking garage at work--- away from the elements for the majority of any given day. But I did consider white/black like yours, too. ;)

@ ovrbst: I'm very happy with the color combo. I was considering any exterior color that had the black interior color, but the black/caramel color combo became available first. After seeing it, I jumped on the deal before anyone else did. Glad I did!

@ audi4t and cenix:
Attached are mobile phone photos I took last night and this morning of the bamboo dash trim insert that I installed. I'll take and share better photos from my DSLR at some point.

Anyway, it was such an easy install! Using a flat head screwdriver that I wrapped with masking tape (so as not to scratch the silver accent trim above the removable trim), I slowly and carefully pulled the original dash trim away from the rest of the dashboard. The trim has about 5 clipping points that secure it to the dashboard. Then it was just a matter of popping in the new bamboo dash trim.

It took only 30 minutes to install--- 1 minute of actual labor to remove and install + 29 minutes of just staring and admiring the look of the new trim... :D Hahaha!!!

I would definitely recommend the bamboo trim to anyone who may want to further enhance the interior, especially those who have the caramel or ecrue interior colors! :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
that bamboo definitely looks sweet. i don't think i've ever seen any manufacturer offer bamboo as a trim piece. i like it very much, goes well with your interior!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I love it!!!! So yummy looking!! ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts