Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey ya'll. I finally pulled the trigger and bought one of these. It's a red one w/o the navigation, but it has a sunroof. It also has the white nuluxe interior. I really wanted black or brown leather interior, but i had to sacrifice that because of the condition/price of the one I bought. I got the hang of using all 3 different drive modes depending on the situation and using the down shift regenerative braking B thingy on the shifter on my 5 hour drive home. I even used the EV button 3 or four times as I was waiting in line to pay tolls. I'm coming from a 93 22RE Toyota pickup MT that I had for the last 6 years as my daily, so this is a nice upgrade. The main negative on this vehicle for me is the blindspot at the 7 o'clock position, that can sketch me out sometimes in busier traffic. The bad road noise and stiff suspension that I have read in some of the reviews is not an issue for me at all. I think both the suspension and road noise are actually very good. I am coming from an old truck though, so my opinion on those things may be skewed. It's super comfortable and I was cruising nicely between 60-80 mph on my trip home. It was about 30 degrees out and managed to get 43.8 mpgs varying between all 3 driving modes. I barely got home on one tank and when I filled up the tank near my house, it was like 25$ to fill up. I was pretty amazed. It fits my driving style perfectly. I am a slower driver, especially at takeoff. I don't try to force the engine through the gears as and try to "earn my speed", so the slow acceleration of the vehicle doesn't bother me. It seems to bug the crap out of stupid American drag racing weave through traffic dumb*es though. I start from takeoff in Normal mode and do my normal acceleration, and multiple times people are riding my * almost colliding with my rear end of my NEW used CT200h. I'm not going to put the car in sport mode and push the petal to the floor at takeoffs just to appease some *hole in a CHRYSLER behind me. I'm trying to get MAX mpgs, and prolong the life of my engine and transmission. I love everything about this car minus the 7 o'clock blind spot, but I feel it is only a matter of time b4 some inpatient dimwit makes contact with my rear end. Now, if i need to merge on the freeway, I go in sport mode for the extra power and have no issues merging in with the flow of traffic. It's just red lights I'm having issues with these other drivers. Anyway, I'm super happy with my purchase. If anyone can relate to the red light getting your * ridden issue, please feel free to post your thoughts below. Also, anyone with the white nuluxe leather, please share how yours have held up over time, and if you have any advice on keeping them in as good of condition as possible.

BTW I was born in the USA, and love this country. The typical aggressive driving habits of most Americans don't suite well with this kind of driving which is probably why they stopped making these in the states. I'm sure this would be less of an issue in Europe where they still make CT's

1 - 1 of 1 Posts