Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'll be testing the CT sometime after work today. I'm pretty excited and can't wait. I hope I won't get disappointed. I've been car shopping for a few months. I am trading in an 07 Ridgeline RTL because it's so bad on gas. I was originally looking for style and performance but mileage has become more important these days as I like to take long drives. There are alot of cars to choose from and was originally set on an IS250/350 but they are so common here and wanted something different. I hope I'm not offending here but I really hope the CT isn't similar to the Matrix :D. I seriously doubt it though :D.

Well, I'll be vigorously reading all the old and current posts to get the most information I can get about the CT. Wish me luck!

Oh...I'm interested in the black or dark gray CT with the premium package. I want the works...:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
My partner has an IS250 and gets 18MPG I get 45mpg, the IS has some kick, mine just a lil bit... I don't care for how fast cars get from one stop light to another... lol I care about the $$$ I save oh and the environment.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good luck on your test drive. Hope you like the car as much as we did. We have the obsidian, premium, with nav and we love it.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Did you test drive it yet? It's definitely different than driving a regular non-hybrid car. I highly recommend taking it up a big hill so you can experience the CVT transmission sound when it downshifts (listen to the engine noise).

Wow, coming from a Ridgeline, you can easily double your mileage with a handful of cars out there! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
My partner has an IS250 and gets 18MPG I get 45mpg, the IS has some kick, mine just a lil bit... I don't care for how fast cars get from one stop light to another... lol I care about the $$$ I save oh and the environment.
Seriously? I hope it's at least the AWD version? That's pretty sad mileage for that car, it's not like it has that many ponies under the hood. :eek:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Seriously? I hope it's at least the AWD version? That's pretty sad mileage for that car, it's not like it has that many ponies under the hood. :eek:
Yep i'm almost 100% sure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Are you going to get the PCS (dynamic cruise control )? Cars with PCS are impossible to find here in SoCal
Hi Jerryss, For whatever reason, Lexus hasn't sent any CTs with PCS radar cruise to the west coast, or anywhere in the U.S. except the Northeast. actually. To get the feature, you either need to buy your car somewhere in NJ, MA, CT or NY and ship or drive it back, or place a special order.

I'm also in So Cal and didn't want to settle for a car without this feature, so we placed a special order. Production of 2011's were affected by the disaster in Japan and many special orders for PCS were bumped to 2012- so even if you had ordered a 2011 with PCS you'd still be waiting for a 2012.

Although the "build your own" Lexus website lets you add PCS with no other options to the Premium model, the car can't be ordered that way. PCS (option code "PS") requires LP, AN, and NV (Leather, Premium Audio, and Nav).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well guys....I didn't get to test drive it. Once I saw it in person and sat in the drivers seat, I knew it wouldn't work. It was just too small for me :(. I'm not big...just tall (5'11"). I'm comfortable in the seat but I noticed that my seats are too far back to have anyone sit in the back comfortably. I also didn't like the size of the trunk area. I was hoping to be able to put my bike in the back but there's no way to make it work. I could settle to put a rack which is no issue for me, but the lack of rear passenger leg room and trunk space is a downer for me. I don't know, I guess I'm a little spoiled with all the room with the Ridgeline. Other than that, I love the car. The CT would make a great commuter and road trip car!! I may have to go with the IS model....

·
Registered
121 Posts
It is quite an adjustment to go from a Ridgeline to a CT! I came from a Pilot so same thing - and I am 6'2" 195lbs. It felt quite claustraphobic to me and full of blind spots. Add to that you can't fit a set of golf clubs in the back with the back seats up and I was getting sadly disappointed. But it did pass the final and most important test - it fits a large hockey bag (but I have to snake the sticks over the back seats down to the floor behind the front seats).
But I have been looking into a hybrid for a long time (disapointed in the Insight and CRX was fun but way too small) and I was willing to make some serious changes (not to mention save $400 a month in gas!) so I took another look at the CT. I was afterall sold on the looks, drive, technology and of course brand quality.
I have owned my CT for almost 5 months now and I can't be more happy with it. The seats are super comfortable and I love the sporty hugginess of the side bolsters compared to the Pilots and I do not feel claustraphobic at all and don't seem to have blind spot issues. I was one of those people that had set my side view mirrors incorrectly (for the past 25 years) and I don't even have to "drop" the rear head restraints to get a better view out the back - who cares about the suckers behind me anyway ;) - just kidding.
I am not going to tell you that you are wrong or nuts or a troll and you HAVE to get a CT, I just wanted to share my experience as we are simalar in size and came from the same vehicle. Maybe you will give it a test drive or two or three but in any case I am sure you will find something that makes you happy and I wish you good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is quite an adjustment to go from a Ridgeline to a CT! I came from a Pilot so same thing - and I am 6'2" 195lbs. It felt quite claustraphobic to me and full of blind spots. Add to that you can't fit a set of golf clubs in the back with the back seats up and I was getting sadly disappointed. But it did pass the final and most important test - it fits a large hockey bag (but I have to snake the sticks over the back seats down to the floor behind the front seats).
But I have been looking into a hybrid for a long time (disapointed in the Insight and CRX was fun but way too small) and I was willing to make some serious changes (not to mention save $400 a month in gas!) so I took another look at the CT. I was afterall sold on the looks, drive, technology and of course brand quality.
I have owned my CT for almost 5 months now and I can't be more happy with it. The seats are super comfortable and I love the sporty hugginess of the side bolsters compared to the Pilots and I do not feel claustraphobic at all and don't seem to have blind spot issues. I was one of those people that had set my side view mirrors incorrectly (for the past 25 years) and I don't even have to "drop" the rear head restraints to get a better view out the back - who cares about the suckers behind me anyway ;) - just kidding.
I am not going to tell you that you are wrong or nuts or a troll and you HAVE to get a CT, I just wanted to share my experience as we are simalar in size and came from the same vehicle. Maybe you will give it a test drive or two or three but in any case I am sure you will find something that makes you happy and I wish you good luck.
Thanks Coubs. I am giving it another chance since I never did get to test drive it. I was turned off by the salesman as he wasn't very friendly and accommodating. He didn't even ask me if I wanted to test drive it or ask me exactly what I'm looking for in a new car. I guess I didn't look like I could afford it. :rolleyes: So that experience and seeing how small it was at first glance, I was a bit turned off. I'll have to go to another dealership with better service. But I've been looking at other cars and I can't seem to find any comparable cars that has styling, quality and reliability, and mileage ratings. I saw the Lexus HS250? It reminded me too much of the Camry and I didn't like it that much. I must not give up on the CT :cool:...

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the HS. Not as nice looking IMO, costs a LOT more and I believe the mileage isn't as good as the CT.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my wife and I also came from a ridgeline and Odyssey......yes, the Ct is small, but not THAT small. It is so comfortable......Once in it you don't want to leave it! The seats just hug you and there is so much support. That and the mileage was the biggest selling point for us, that and the fact that the wife can park it in the garage! lol ......She refused to pull the Odyssey into the garage because it had only about 2 inches of room on each side to get it in. I didn't have a problem, but it was really super tight! The wife is just so happy with a vehicle that gets over twice the mileage and the fact that she can pull it into the garage without causing any damage (my self included!).
Giving up all that space in those vehicles was tough, but I still have a Tacoma which helps when I need to haul anything. BTW....I am 6' 5" and it fits me like a glove!;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts