Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rolling code garage door opener that I had no problem with when I bought my 2008 Solara and my 2005 RX330. However the hand held door openers have disappeared and I cannot get my 2012 CT Homelink to talk to my door opener. I read the manual and thought that I could use the learn button on the door opener and the homelink buttons in the car to communicate but I can't get them to work. Now comes the big question.....why? Do I have to actually have the visor clip on opener button to make all this work? Manual seems to say "no" but now I am really wondering. :confused:

·
Registered
255 Posts
It takes both the handheld opener and the learning button on the opener it's self.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a rolling code garage door opener that I had no problem with when I bought my 2008 Solara and my 2005 RX330. However the hand held door openers have disappeared and I cannot get my 2012 CT Homelink to talk to my door opener. I read the manual and thought that I could use the learn button on the door opener and the homelink buttons in the car to communicate but I can't get them to work. Now comes the big question.....why? Do I have to actually have the visor clip on opener button to make all this work? Manual seems to say "no" but now I am really wondering. :confused:
I had the same problem, and got it solved. What you need to do is

1. Perform the non-rolling procedure which requires the handheld remote.
2. Then perform the rolling procedure

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks dkid and pardo. guess i need to go to walmart and buy a universal opener, mate it up to the garage door opener, and then match the remote up with my homelink????

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think the previous advice for the handheld remote is good advice, I just wanted to share my story.

When I got my CT, I could not program the garage door. I kept reprogramming it and messing with the opener. After some fussing I was able to break all my other openers, handhelds and my 4Runner would no longer work. Long story short, I replaced my entire garage door opener. It had some other mechanical issues, but I was hoping that I could get some more time out of it. The whole process of trying things and installing the new opener took a long time. The good news is that the new opener works a lot better than the old one.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Once you have the handheld programmed the in car "homelink" shouldn't take more than a minute to program.

Go to youtube - there are literally hundreds of "how to" videos showing how to program the incar controller.

·
Registered
16 Posts
One covet. I've programmed a dozen homelink systems with rolling code and had no issues. The CT was being stubborn. After 3 attempts to program a button, i tried a different remote and it worked right away. This is despite the remote in question opening the garage door fine itself.

In other words, try programming with a different remote if you have that option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For me, I got around the problem by having the opener forget all its codes (hold down the learn button 30 secs) and then reprogrammed all by remotes, including the homelink. It then seemed to work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts