Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My CT200h is almost 9 years old now and I am thinking of keeping the car for at least 5-7 more years.
It has 200.000 km on the ODO meter and it is likely that the battery will fail in 1-2 years.
I am not going to replace it now, I am just curious about the following:

I was looking on websites that sell parts from totalled cars and I came across batteries from young CT200H vehicles with low milage. It will cost me around 500 euros.
However, I am not sure if all hybrid battery packs in a CT200h over the years are the same.

I see the following part numbers attached to the hybrid battery packs from the totalled CT200h cars:
G9280-76010
G9280-76011
G9510-76010

What are the differences between these battery packs? On the pictures I can not tell if the packs differ in any way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There might be slight differences in the housing and/or battery ECU in the unit. However, THE 28 BATTERY MODULES inside the battery assembly are all the same for all CTs. Since the battery modules are the only parts that "wear out" find the newest, lowest mileage donor car. At worst case you have to transplant the modules into your battery housing.

It's not that hard if you can use basic tools and watch some youtube videos (they are the same modules used in a Prius). We also sell complete brand new genuine "zero mile" Toyota/Lexus hybrid batteries for $2800 installed at our shop in Boulder, Colorado for people in our part of the USA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts