Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2012 ct and we live in an area that can sometimes get well over 100 degrees for six to eight weeks a year.
Three times this summer we cot the code for the Hybrid battery over temperature. Sorry I don't remember the code# but it was defiantly the battery over temp. code and no other.
The first time it happened I cleaned out the cooling fan and it was like cleaning the dryer screen in the laundry room. I was sure that would fix it.
However it has done it twice again.
I see that the ct does not have a way to vent the fan exhaust outside like the Prius and just vents the hot air into the spare tire compartment.
The air also has little room to circulate because of the foam tray under the floor mat.
Has this been an issue for others? Any ideas would be welcome.
For now I have removed the tray and carpet in the back during a heatwave.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
A picture would be appreciated to see the location of rhw cooling fan.
Thanks
Something isn't right and you should have a dealer check it out. It is over 100 degrees at least 120 days a year here and I have never gotten that warning with my 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
WE just had over 105 degrees for the whole week her in LA and there is no heating problem for my 2012 CT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I also had a problem with the Hybrid battery. I have no idea why battery is over temperature.
I dont know what isnt right and I dont live in LA, but on Island
i'm little upset about this

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in California where the summers are hot. And so far I've never gotten a battery overheat. Of course I do keep the air vent in the back seat clean( it easily pops right out) and I make sure nothing is blocking the vent in general. Sounds like something is wrong. I've also read somewhere that running the A/C does help keep the battery cooler.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I live in California where the summers are hot. And so far I've never gotten a battery overheat. Of course I do keep the air vent in the back seat clean( it easily pops right out) and I make sure nothing is blocking the vent in general. Sounds like something is wrong. I've also read somewhere that running the A/C does help keep the battery cooler.

BTW, where is that vent in the back? Picture?

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's between the rear seat and the door, passenger side.
I don't see how dust can accumulate in that screen, the squares in the screen are pretty big.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts