Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice,

I have a 2011 CT200h, just clocked 350,000km (around 215k miles). This week I've been getting warning lights on my dash and messages on the multi display which freaked me out.

I have taken my car to Lexus twice this week. First the codes are

#P0A80 Replace Hybrid Battery Pack in pending
#P0401 Exhaust gas recirculation flow insufficient detected

Keep in mind I'm in Australia, so the prices quoted by my Lexus service centre are in Australian dollars. The cost of repairs will actually exceed the resale or trade in value of the car!

To replace hybrid battery is $5000 +
For the Exhaust Gas issue another $2500+

Obviously I have asked about my 8 year hybrid warranty, I'm just over 7 years as I bought my CT200h new and have an impeccable service record. I have been told the battery warranty is only for 8 years or 160K km, and mine is double the kms. I may be able to request "an out of warranty claim?" whatever that is. Unfortunately today Toyota computers in Australia were hacked so I could not even book in to have the Exhaust Gas issue repaired, or even see if there is hybrid battery in stock or order any parts:(

In Australia we do have something called Consumer Statutory Rights which often exceed the warranty from the manufacturer, I haven't tried this yet.

I have only dealt so far with my local Lexus service centre. Any suggestions? Should I escalate to Lexus Corporate Australia? What is the best approach?

For now they have cleared the codes twice but have warned me, my vehicle my fail and need to be towed to the closest service centre.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well you could get a certain gadget that checks the individual cells. You put the car in neutral and run the air conditioner with the parking break on. It drains the battery as the neutral state prevents the engine from charging the battery. Then it tells you exactly which cells need replaced. The whole battery doesn't fail at once. And since it is the same battery as a prius you could save a fortune at a toyota dealership if you go that route.

·
Registered
692 Posts
That sounds like a good way forward. There are aftermarket companies that will do the cell checking and replacement for you to give you a refurbished pack for about $2K. Considering all the money that you saved with the gas mileage doing that replacement every 200K miles is a good deal. Most people never get near that before they trade the car in and move to something else.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’ve never heard of Lexus approving any out of warranty. They didn’t approve mine for the same thing and I was only 8,000 miles out of warranty. If you want to know a way to check individual battery cells DM me and I can tell you. Not difficult, just not something I would post in the forums.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts