Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

I got my 3 days ago. I drove for less than 100 miles since. I noticed that the hybrid battery charge had never gone beyond the 75% level. It's always stays slightly lower than the "minus" line.

I use mainly ECO and normal mode during my daily travelling.

Would like to know if the presentation is normal ? how long it will take to be fully charged ?

Thx for comments.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Hello to all,

I got my 3 days ago. I drove for less than 100 miles since. I noticed that the hybrid battery charge had never gone beyond the 75% level. It's always stays slightly lower than the "minus" line.

I use mainly ECO and normal mode during my daily travelling.

Would like to know if the presentation is normal ? how long it will take to be fully charged ?

Thx for comments.
Very seldom will the charge indicate above the +ve -ve level in the graphical display.

this weekend I was up in Vermont and had a long down hill stretch from Bromley Mountain down into Manchester the display actually hit 100% capacity must have been all that regenerative braking.

Don't see this in everyday driving.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yep - it's normal.

The hybrid control system doesn't like to let the battery charge go above 80% or below 20%, it's intended for making the battery last as long as possible. By that we don't mean "Miles on the motor", it's more "Miles on the car". By using that 80% hold and 20% minimum, we should get 100,000+ miles on our batteries :) (more judging by older Prius/Lexus hybrids).

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
The vehicle traction batteries are usually charged up to 85 percent of their capacity and only allowed to discharge down to about 30 percent. They are normally charged to 40–60% of maximum capacity to prolong battery life as well as provide a reserve for regenerative braking. That is regulated by the battery management system, which -- among several other functions -- prolongs the life of the batteries. A sealed 38-module nickel metal hydride (NiMH) battery pack normally provides 273.6 volts, 6.5 ampere-hour capacity. The car's traction battery is designed to deliver several times its rated output for short periods and to be recharged rapidly; this is different from normal consumer NiMH batteries.

·
Registered
1 Posts
not sure if you have noticed yet, but if you watch the EV light in lower left (not EV mode) and keep the pedal pressed low enough to keep the eco gauge below half, it will keep using the batteries as long as they are charged. Also if you put it in sport mode it will send more power to the electric motor giving you better acceleration but less distance. hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.