Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 ct200h. In the winter, it blows cold air on the passenger side and the same in the summer. The opposite occurs with the passenger side. Warm air in winter and summer. Setting the temperature or putting it on auto seems to make no difference. If there is a simple fix, I can do it myself. I hate to spend all that money at the Toyota place.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have a 2011 ct200h. In the winter, it blows cold air on the passenger side and the same in the summer. The opposite occurs with the passenger side. Warm air in winter and summer. Setting the temperature or putting it on auto seems to make no difference. If there is a simple fix, I can do it myself. I hate to spend all that money at the Toyota place.
Hi Don. I have some Lexus TechDoc info.. If I get a chance will try to look at that system and think about your problem. Sure seems strange. You mention the passenger side twice. Assume one is supposed to be Drivers side.

Edit: I looked at the air con system. It's very complicated to understand it all. Given you have problems on both sides, one has to assume it's a signal that comes from a circuit providing signals to both sides, rather than something isolated to just one side. My gut feeling is its likely one of Air Conditioning Amplifier assembly or Air Conditioning Harness assembly. Just a gut feeling, it's too complicated for me to really visualize to understand it all. The service centers would have some sort of "Intelligent Tester" to hook up and step through some procedures to get a final determination what is the faulty part. The other component is an Air Mix Damper Control Servo Motor. There are one of these for each side. But since both sides are not right, makes sense it's something providing a signal to both. The AR Amplifier Assembly maybe isn't to complicated to change (I think, but not sure). If you had a good friend who had a CT might be possible to swap his in to yours, to check if that solved the problem. Not that easy of an option depending, but it's all I can think of without taking it in. I can't help much more.. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts