Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a ct pretty soon. I currently drive an 07 altima and my gf drives a 10 prius. I live in az with 100 degree plus weather for three months straight. The ac in the prius is pretty good but nothing compared to my altima. My question for owners that live in hot climate, how do you feel about the ac strength? Does it cool the car pretty quickly? What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance everyone!

·
Registered
232 Posts
in Singapore, its around 30 to 38 degrees Celsius daily. leave in Auto-climate control. it almost perfect. (=
i love my CT.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The AC is great. We have had a number of days over 100 here and have had no problems. I did have the windows tinted and it helps, in fact I had to actually raise the temp setting because it was to cold in the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I normally drive in "Normal" and have used the A/C in 98 degree weather with no issue. It cools off very quickly & I can usually turn the setting down to low & be quite comfortable. Sometimes, I even get cold if I'm wearing a sleeveless top!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I live in Houston where the humidity makes the heat pretty unbearable. The AC works really well. It also helps that my car is white and I have lighter colored seats.

Gonna be around 98 today with a heat index oh over 105. I leave it on auto at 70 degrees and it pretty much does everything on it's own.

232 Posts
it is like refrigerator on wheels ... !!!

I read a lot of negativism about the CT in these threads, but no one ever praised on one good virtue of CT besides it ability for high mpg... it is the a/c !!! Have you noticee that there is absence of any fan belts or pulleys in the 2ZR engine? The a/c compressor is electric, so this means that when you are on idle with the a/c on and there is absolutely no drag. The a/c compressor is very efficient, it is eerily silent ... it is like a refrigerator on wheels. I was in the city streets of NYC during this past heat wave, I forgot my car was on, and I was standing at a no parking slot for more than 30 minutes with full a/c not even realizing it was on. Also traversing city streets at snail pace with a/c at full blast is truly a coveted luxury since you are still getting 46+mpg.:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have an '08 midnight blue altima with black leather interior (and live in Atlanta read HOT). The CT's ac is much better/efficient at cooling and isn't half as noisy IMHO.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I agree, the air conditioner in the CT is excellent!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.