Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a quick question. To replace the Vanity lights bulbs to LED, do you simply take off the cover or do you have to take entire housing of the light? I replaced all the other bulbs in my car, however the vanity light seems to be stubborn and I dont want to force it out.

Thank you!

Steven

· Registered
394 Posts
I had a quick question. To replace the Vanity lights bulbs to LED, do you simply take off the cover or do you have to take entire housing of the light? I replaced all the other bulbs in my car, however the vanity light seems to be stubborn and I dont want to force it out.

Thank you!

Steven
I will try to find info on this. Don't force it or you will be sorry! haha Get back to you soon.. R

· Registered
394 Posts
Unfortunately it says to remove the ENTIRE roof headlining assembly (a 74 step procedure!) first to be able access the Vanity Light Assembly from the back side I guess. Kind of crazy. The diagram provided is not so clear, but I could send it to you. PM me your email address.

· Premium Member
708 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
audi4t, i did a comprehensive search. i searched vanity lights as that is their proper name?

· Registered
394 Posts
audi4t, i did a comprehensive search. i searched vanity lights as that is their proper name?
I sent you the diagram I had. Kzoo and audi4t have great info though and it's obvious it can be done without any damage. It's kind of silly that they say to remove the entire headliner in the repair manual! Seems like the screwdriver should try to push against the back side of that U shaped claw to move it back some in order to release it a bit. I didn't know the LED lights show up so much through the lens as they do. Doesn't really look very nice to me.

Audi4t, your post is great.. Might be helpful for searching if you add "vanity light" somewhere to your post to help with a search.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.