Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tinted my windows over the weekend so I needed to figure out how to take the door panels off. This might be useful for someone who is wanting to replace the speakers too.

Pop the cover off next to the door lock with a flat head screwdriver

Remove the screw using a phillips

Carefully pry the corner garnish with gradual pressure

This only applies to the passenger side. This rubber piece that covers the handle has to come off. I found it pretty stubborn. Work it loose starting at the top, until the retainer clips let go of it.

Two more screws need to come out.

Finally pop the window control panel up and take the last screw out.

Once you've done everything, the only thing left holding the panel on are clips surrounding the edge. Start prying from the lower inside door and the panel should come right off.

For the rear doors, it isn't necessary to pop the window control panel up. There is no screw under there

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Nice write up with steps and photos. There should be a specific section for the DIY and "how to" so that folks can easily pull up this kind of information.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Nice write up with steps and photos. There should be a specific section for the DIY and "how to" so that folks can easily pull up this kind of information.
That would be a great idea. Especially for new members.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great write up. Thank you.

While you had the panel off did you happen to notice if the 6x9 is a full range driver or if it is pretty much just for mid-base / mid-range?

·
Registered
383 Posts
How do you get to the Torx screws now that your "grab handle" is wrapped in leather?
I'm not sure I understand your question. Which Torx screws are you referring to? The doors have Phillips head screws in them.

·
Registered
383 Posts
haha! the spambots are looking more and more like regular posters...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts